Like Old Times

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

Jasmina

I looked at Sadia Bhabi, a little confused because she barely wanted to look at my face most of the time, let alone talk to me.

"You've made mistakes, I've made mistakes..." She began like we were characters in a film. "But the important part is 'regret' and 'repentance'." 

I had no idea why she was acting like a villain in a TV drama that has been running on TV for years.

"Can you just get to the point?" I snapped. It felt like my spine was going to crack any moment, because the pain was so intense.

"I want to clear up my conscience, Jasmina. I owe you an apology." She couldn't meet my gaze. She frowned. "What's wrong with you?"

I had doubled over with intense pain in my stomach now and was in tears. "Ammi..." 

She rushed over. "Where is it hurting?" 

"Iman..." I stared sobbing. "Please save my Iman..." I was terrified that I was losing my daughter. I started desperately praying to Allah, from the bottom of my heart. "AMMI!" I screamed out before losing consciousness. 

****

Fariha

"Did you tell her?" Arhaan Bhai hissed at his wife. 

Ahad, Ammi and Afreen Aunty had taken Bhabi to the hospital, while the rest of us waited around at home, nervously. 

"I didn't..." Sadia Bhabi whispered back, eyes wide.

"Well, it's a damn big coincidence that this happened while you were in the room with her." Arhaan Bhai shook his head.

"Arhaan, why are you behaving like that?" Asad Uncle had overheard, as we were all gathered in the living room.

"I pushed Hania intentionally." Sadia Bhabi blurted out. "And I was asked by Arhaan not to tell Jasmina that." 

"You what?!" Asad Uncle frowned. "You pushed a little girl intentionally? A toddler?" 

I couldn't help doubting Sadia Bhabi as well. 

"I'm going to check on the kids." I stood up and headed upstairs. Currently Zoya was looking after Hania, but she had said that the toddler wouldn't fall asleep without her mother. 

I felt weird entering my brother's room, but that was the only place Hania would sleep, with her nursery occupied. Hania was sitting up, talking in gibberish, while Zoya say beside her, looking exhausted. 

"She isn't falling asleep!" Ahad's wife groaned. 

"Let me try." I sat down on the other side. "Phupho ki jaan, my Hani doll, it's time to sleep. Come on." I made her lie down. 

"Mama." Hania stared up at me with her wide eyes, that were basically a complete copy of her mother's. 

"Mama aajayein gi, baby." I began to gently pat her on the chest. "But Hani should sleep."

*"Mama will come."

For a few peaceful moments, Zoya and I felt that Hania was going to fall asleep, but then my niece got up and stood up on the bed. "Mama!" Fat tears immediately started falling out of her eyes and she started sobbing. "MAMA!" 

"Hani..."

"Mama!" She got off the bed before we could stop her, and raced to the wall near the window, which was covered with family photos. "Mama!" She stared up at the photo of her parents on their wedding day. "S'eepy Hani. Mama."