Sleepover

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

WARNING: Chapter filled with drama, romance, and (I hope) comedy. I legit don't know why I gave a warning for this, but now I'm too lazy to delete it.

Some scenes based on suggestions from  Abut_Ahamed.

****

Fariha

I heard the front door open, and I rushed out into the foyer.

Zafar was just stepping inside, followed by Ahad and Papa.

"Zafar!" I looked at my husband, tearfully.

"Fariha." He looked at me, his face full of guilt and regret.

 Ahad and Papa politely headed into the living room, leaving me alone in the hall with my husband. 

I immediately rushed over and threw my arms around Zafar, sobbing quietly. "Allah ka shukhar hai ke aap theek hai."

*"Thank God that you're okay!"

"Are you okay?" He asked. "What about the boys? Fari, I'm so sorry."

I shook my head. "No! Don't apologise! You are not at fault here." And then before I could stop myself, I leaned up and kissed him deeply on the lips. I was so glad that he was okay and back safely with me. Plus, I felt guilty for even doubting him for a second. I expressed all my feelings of apology and regret in that one kiss, hoping that he felt it somehow.

Ahad cleared his throat. "I'm sorry to be the hadi in this kebab, but, I need to go past you to leave."

*'Kebab main hadi', literally means 'bone' in a kebab, which basically means 'third wheel'... or someone who ruins a romantic moment.

I blushed, stepping behind Zafar. 

"Leave?" Zafar asked, confused. "I thought you guys were staying the night."

"We are, but I need to go and get my madam here." He grinned. "She needs her personal chauffer to bring her over to this house on my bike." 

Zafar and I laughed. 

"Will be back soon." Ahad nodded, before heading out.

"The boys are okay, right? Umair didn't hurt them, did he?" Zafar put his hands on my shoulders the moment Ahad left.

"No, that idiot texted me his address shortly after, probably worried about the legal consequences." I leaned forward, breathing in his Zafar scent: after a long day he smelled of sweat, hospital and very faintly of his cologne. Zafar has his special scent which basically helps me fall asleep each night. That's why when he rarely did night shifts, I slept holding his shirt. "But by the time I collected my sons, my stupid phone died." 

"Well, as long as everyone's okay." He kissed my temple.

"Alhumdulillah." I smiled as we clasped hands and stared at each other. "I'm sorry for the time I felt angry at you for being negligent towards our boys." 

"It's okay. I am not going to be mad at you for being a worried mother." He kissed my forehead now. 

"Is there anything I can get you?" I asked. "Why don't you go and get showered, and borrow some clothes from Bhai for now? I will make you some tea."