Shattered

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

ShabanaTheStar

qanootshahid14

This one is for you two, basically on your request.

****

Fawad

I was laying my head in Mina's lap as she gently massaged my head. "How long now?" I muttered, sleepily.

"Fawad, you're more impatient than Hania, I'm sure!" She laughed lightly. "I'm sure she's enjoying herself, whereas you and I are both counting the moments until we go and see her." 

"So, you're impatient as well, and you're making fun of me?" I sat up, grinning at her. I glanced down towards her stomach. "I'm sure Iman's complaining that nobody's paying attention to her. She's right here, and we're only focused on Hania." 

"That's exactly it, though. Iman's right here. Hania's all the way in the other side of Lahore." Suddenly tears filled her eyes. "I hope she's not crying. Fawad, they'll tell us if she's been crying, right?" 

I wrapped my arm around her. "She's with her Phupho, not with strangers. Fari will take good care of her, you'll see." 

"I don't doubt that." She looked at me, the tear on her eyelash sparkling like a crystal. "Am I being a clingy parent? I just want her around me, or at least one of us, all the time. She's such a shy little sweetheart that I feel extra overprotective of her." 

I smiled, leaning against the headboard. "No, Mina, I feel the same. Sach main hamare ghar ki raunak hai woh, Ma Sha Allah."

*"She's truly the life of our family, Ma Sha Allah."

My phone started ringing and I reached for it. It was from an unsaved number, and I frowned as I answered it. "Hello?" 

"Dr Fawad Ali?" An unfamiliar female voice asked me.

"Yes, speaking." I was confused. I didn't work here anymore, so I couldn't even say it was someone from the hospital 

"Actually, I found a little girl wandering the streets, with a pink bag. We looked through her bag and saw your contact details, as well as your wife's." The lady spoke. "She's been crying nonstop." 

I jumped up to my feet. "Hania? Where is she?!" 

Mina glanced up, her face turning pale. 

"I'll give you the details." The lady replied.

****

I called Fariha as I drove, Mina crying uncontrollably beside me.

"B-Bhai?" Fariha's voice came through the speaker. She sounded like she was crying herself.

"Where's Hania?" My jaw clenched, I drove like a maniac towards the address that the lady had given me. I had entered it into the car GPS, and now the screen at the front was displaying the route.

"Bhai, I'm sorry." Fariha sobbed. "Saad...he...I'm really, really sorry. I've called Zafar, and he's already looking for her."

"Tell him not to. I got a call from a lady who has Hania with her. We're going there to get her right now."