Celebrations

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

Fawad

"Is there anything I can do to ensure that Jasmina can travel to Pakistan without facing any health issues?" I was on the phone with my wife's doctor.

I felt guilty for overreacting and was trying to find a way to fix things. I was not the sort of person who can stay angry at someone for long, especially not at Mina.

I listened to the doctor's advice, made notes, and once the call ended, leaned back in the chair of my study, thinking things through. The doctor, naturally, had given me good advice as to how Mina could safely fly to Pakistan. Plus, there were plenty of doctors there, first and foremost, her Ammi. They had connections to doctors in the hospital where our families worked.

I got up and headed upstairs. Mina was sitting on the bed, with Iman beside her and Hania playing at the foot of the bed. My wife looked like she desperately wanted to sleep. "Has Iman been fed?"

Mina nodded.

"Great. Get some sleep. I'll take care of the girls." I reached out and picked Iman up. "Come on, Hani." 

"Fawad, I'm sorry." My wife looked up at me, guilt etched on her face.

"No, I am. I overreacted. But you should have known that I put your life about everything and anything else." I spoke quietly, as Hania got off the bed and wrapped her arm around my leg.

"I know. Which is why it was absolutely ridiculous for me to even ask that question." She slid down into bed.

"Get some sleep. We'll talk when you wake up." Carrying Iman, I took my daughters out of our bedroom and into the nursery. 

Hania immediately got overexcited being in the nursery. "Hani Papa, tea party!" 

"Okay, sure." I set Iman down into Hania's cot after kissing her forehead.

"My cot!" Hania sulked, pouted angrily.

"She's your little sister, meri jaan. You should share." 

Hania peeked through the bars of her cot at her sister. "Mani doll?" 

I got down on my knees beside my elder daughter. "Yes, our Mani doll." I wrapped an arm around Hania's shoulders and kissed her cheek. Her shoulders seemed so small under my arm that I didn't put much weight on it, not wanting to hurt my daughter even accidentally.

Hani leaned her head against my shoulder and I kissed her forehead. I had a great family, Alhumdulillah, and I was grateful to Mina for it, after Allah of course. By sending Jasmina to Pakistan in such a delicate state, I would be risking her life and all of this. Despite the doctor's good advice, the fact remained that the doctor preferred that Mina didn't travel right now.

Hania began to set up her little pink table with her 'tea' items. On one small chair rested her Teddy Bear, on another chair was her Hani doll, and on the third chair was Hania herself. She got me to sit on the floor beside her, and it was hilarious how everything seemed so small compared to me. Pouring invisible tea into a tea cup, she placed the cup onto a saucer and handed it to me.

"Thank you, Hani." 

It wasn't just Mina's duty to take care of, our play with, our daughters. And I've noticed how excited Hania got whenever Mina or I played with her. Little kids needed company too, and until Mani was old enough, she'll have to make do with her parents. 

"Mama sad?" Hani randomly asked me, looking worried about her mother.

"No, jaan." I ruffled her hair. "Mama's just tired." I was a strict believer in honesty, but what could come out of worrying a toddler?