Baat Pakki

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

Baat Pakki: When a marriage alliance is fixed between a couple.

****

Zoya

"Oh my Allah! Ahad!" I screamed, pushing the door of my car open and jumping out. 

He was lying on the ground, still, his bike pinning him down.

"AHAD!" I was crying harder than I'd ever cried before. "You better be okay, or I'll kill you!" I reached down and began to lift his helmet off. "Come on, Ahad, please, please be okay. I can't live without you." Sobs escaped my mouth endlessly, as guilt flooded through my entire body, consuming me completely at an alarming speed.

Suddenly, he grabbed my wrist, just as I completely pulled the helmet off his head. He was grinning up at me, and soon as our gazes met, he winked at me.

"You evil man." I glared at him. "How dare you scare me like that?" 

"Itna pyar hai mujh se, jaaneman?" He teased.

*"You love me this, sweetheart?" 

"Pyar tha! An nafrat hai, sirf." I glared at him. "Who scares their wife like that?"

*"I was in love! Now I just hate you!"

"The man who got knocked over my his bike by his wife." He groaned. "Although, please lift this thing off me." 

"Let me think about it first." I said sarcastically, even though I got up to lift it up immediately. I was mad at him, but I didn't want him to get hurt for real. "I'm going to complain to Ammi and Papa about this. This was a heart-stopping joke." 

He sat up, checking his limbs to make sure that nothing was broken. "You're going to complain to my parents? How old are we? Seven?" 

"You just pranked me like you were seven!" I glared at him. "I swear, Ahad Sheikh, if I had a maika here- or anywhere in the world, really- I would have gone there."

"Face it, Zo. I'm your main family, and basically you're only direct family." He glanced at me intensely,  while still seated on the ground.

Why did those words made me want to throw myself into his arms, right there and then?

"Ahad!"

I looked to my right and saw Arhaan Bhai getting out of his car and rushing over to his brother. "What happened?"

"Your Bhabi knocked me over." Ahad grinned at me.

"I was driving normally, Bhai! He was speeding at an exit!" I said, defensively. "Who speeds at an exit? And to make matters what, he just lay still and didn't reply until I basically pulled his helmet off. He pranked me!" 

"Ahad, when will you start acting your age?" Arhaan Bhai shook his head, crouching down beside him. "Can you move your arms and legs?"

"I'm fine, Bhai. Just some scratches or cuts maybe, but that's all." Ahad winced as Bhai helped him stand up.

"Come inside the clinic. We'll have a look." Bhai ordered.