New Bonds

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

Nazia

After Fajr, I walked over to the window and peered out. I was surprised to see Jasmina standing outside in the back garden, her hands cupped around a mug of hot beverage. I could even see the steam from the drink rising from up here. Her hair was up in a messy bun, and she was wearing a floor-length silk floral robe, that gave her a look of elegance and yet simplicity at the same time. 

I had to admit, before I met her, I'd had a stereotypical view of her: only daughter/sister, youngest sibling, of a very wealthy family. I had not had good experiences with rich girls. I still remember the days I was bullied by some of them while I was studying nursing. I had gotten a scholarship to one of Lahore's top universities for nursing, and my experience had not been pleasant (excluding the actual education). Rich girls (and boys) had made life miserable for me, simply for my appearance and my dressing style. So yes, my heart had pounded just a little bit harder with fear at the idea of being a Bhabi to one of the Mean Girls wannabes from university. 

But everything Arhaan had told me about her was a hundred percent accurate, and not exaggerated at all. She was a sweetheart, Ma Sha Allah. 

Arhaan was at the mosque, so I slipped on my slippers and headed downstairs. As I pulled open the back door, the freshness of the morning air made me stop for a moment. This time of the day was incredibly beautiful. The sky was just shifting from a darker shade of blue to a lighter one, with various colours splashed across the horizon as a sign of the rising sun. The air was cool, but not cold, and as I inhaled, I smelled freshly mowed grass and coffee. 

"Unki khayalon main khoyi huyi ho?" I teased, walking up beside my Nand.

*"Are you lost in his thoughts?"

She jumped slightly, startled and turned to face me. After composing herself, she smiled. "Assalam Alaikum."

"Walaikum Assalam." I nodded towards the mug in her hands, that was emanating a strong smell of coffee. "Not planning on going back to sleep?" 

 Her cheeks turned pink and she shook her head. "This is going to sound unusual, laikin Fajr main mujhe kuch zayada hi yaad aatein hain Fawad, chahe kaam pe hi kyun na hon woh."

*"...but I miss Fawad a little too much during Fajr, even if he's at work."

"Koi khaas wajah?" I asked. 

*"Any particular reason?"

She shrugged. "Maine na bhi namaz padhni ho, to meri aankh hamesha khul jaati hai jab woh Fajr ke liye tayar ho rahe hote hain. Jab woh zayada thake hote hain to ghar pe hi padhtay hain, aur unhain namaaz padhta hua dekh kar kuch bohat see khoobsurat feeling mehsoos hoti hai jo main bayan bhi nahin karsakti."

*"Even if I don't have to pray, I always wake up when he is getting ready for Fajr. When he is too tired, he prays at home, and watching him pray gives me such a beautiful feeling that I can't even express in words."
In Islam when a woman is on her periods, or after childbirth, she is exempt from praying, fasting and reciting the Quran. That's because the wudhu (ablution) isn't valid in this state, and therefore none of the abovementioned activities are valid. Fasting, as such, is invalid because praying is an essential part of fasting. If anyone has anything to add to this, don't hesitate to comment here.