Closer Together

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

Okay, so, I'm obsessed with aesthetics

Okay, so, I'm obsessed with aesthetics. I chose darker shades for these two because of their cheekier, 'bad' personalities. :D

****

Zafar

A policeman was hesitant to talk to a person with a personality like Fawad Bhai. 

It was like a hilarious joke, but I couldn't even crack a smile at this point. I was regretting stopping here to talk to him. I should have just listened to Fariha. What if I screw things up for everyone?

"Look, Bhai." I cleared my throat. "I don't mean to cause any offence, because I respect you all: you, Bhabi, Ahad and Zoya Bhabi. But those gifts were too much. I know nobody has any ill intention towards anyone, between the six of us, but..." 

He put his hand on my shoulder. "I'm sorry that you felt bad, Zafar, but this matter has been resolved, and I can assure you that, from our end, we'll be more careful the next time. But, I have a request."

"Of course, Bhai." I nodded, eagerly.

"Let's end this matter here. It's just a small request from me for you or Fari to not mention this to Mina. She's been feeling awful about it, and I can tell just by looking at her facial expressions."

"Don't worry about it. The chapter is closed here." I sighed, relieved. That had been easier than I thought.

I just wondered if dealing with the hot-headed Ahad Sheikh would be just as easy.

We heard loud cries and turned to see Bhabi getting out of a rickshaw with a screaming Hania. The toddler didn't seem to want to get out of the rickshaw now.

"What the...?" Fawad Bhai rushed over, and I followed. 

"Assalam Alaikum, Bhabi." I said, politely.

"Walaikum Assalam." She replied, distracted as she pulled Hania lightly. "Initially she was terrified when we got on, but now she doesn't want to get off." 

"Hania, come on, jaan." Fawad Bhai grabbed his daughter. "I'll take you on another rickshaw ride one day, but come on now." 

Hania was crying, but then she saw her father was wearing sunglasses, so how could little Hania allow that? She immediately pulled them off and put them on her own small face, making us all laugh. 

"I'm sorry, Zafar Bhai." Jasmina Bhabi said, unable to meet my gaze. "I didn't mean to be inconsiderate." 

That was Jasmina Fawad (nee Sheikh). If she felt bad about something, or if she felt that she had made a mistake, she admitted it. It was who she was.