An Honest Officer

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

Arhaan

The first time I assisted in a surgery, I ended up throwing up afterwards. I guess the nerves of the first time got to me.

I was too ashamed to tell my family, but I told Fawad, because he was my best friend, my brother. He would laugh at me, tease me and never let me forget it, but he would also not mention a word of it to anyone. He had my back, like he always had. 

I never, ever thought that our friendship was going to turn this sour. I'd always thought that our wives would be understanding of our friendship, and as long as we had a fair balance between our friendship and married lives, it would all be fine.

Jazzy never had an issue with us, naturally, but Sadia had destroyed my friendship, and I felt that there was always going to be a permanent scar left behind, caused by my wife's behaviour.

"Bhai, you're going to leave soon and I didn't want to leave things like this." I began as we headed into the Ali family home and sat down. "I know what Sadia did caused a lot of damage to our friendship, but I want to try and fix it." 

He tilted his head back and stared at the ceiling, thoughtfully. "I want the same, Arhaan, but not at the risk of Mina and Hania having to face that drama all over again." 

I had no idea how to reassure him, because I was worried about the same.

"I've often thought about leaving her." I admitted, staring blankly at the coffee table. "But I think about Ismael and Ibrahim, and how they are innocent in all this. I have no idea how to fix this." 

He looked at me. "Look, don't worry about our friendship. We've been through hell together, and I'm not going to end our friendship because of this. Yes, this was a seriously huge thing which I can't just let go now, but I know that this is not your fault, Bhai. You've enough problems to deal with, so rest assured, you have nothing to worry about from my side." 

My tensed face broke into a relieved grin. "Thanks, Bhai. In Sha Allah, we'll resolve all problems with time, and get past this."

"In Sha Allah." He smiled back. 

I felt a huge burden being lifted off my shoulders. I really, really valued his friendship. He was like a brother to me and I didn't want to lose that. 

Now, if only I could fix problems with my wife this easily.

****

Zafar

"Yo, brother from another mother." Ahad walked into the police station, as casually as if you would enter a shopping centre.

"I told you not to come here. People might mistake you for a criminal." I grinned at him. 

He smirked. 

"Did you get a fine for speeding again?" I shook my head. "Bhai, I've told you repeatedly. I'm not getting you out of it. I can't."

"Firstly, I don't do things dishonestly. I always pay my fines." He pointed out. "And secondly, no, I'm not here for that."

"Why exactly are you here?" I had been sitting at the desk, sorting through some paperwork. 

"I just figured that..."

He was interrupted when a bulky, middle aged man walked in, wearing a suit. "Who the hell is Zafar Farukh?"