Deeds

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

Fawad

For Allah, nothing is impossible. 

You get down on the floor in sajda, make a dua from he bottom of your heart, and if He believes it's the right time, or if it's the right thing, He will accept it.

I got down on the ground, right in front of Ammi's room, in sajda. At this point, I was only thinking of praying for my Ammi, and nothing else.

Meri agar koi baat pasand hai, us cheez ka inaam mujhe meri Ammi ko bacha ke de do, Ya Rabbul Alameen. As I closed my eyes, my forehead pressed against the ground, the sounds of Fariha's hysterical cries pierced my heart. I'd never seen my sister like this, no matter what crap she had gone through.

*If you like any deed of mine, please reward me for it by saving my Ammi, Oh Lord of the Worlds. 

I stayed there for Allah knows how long, not wanting to end my pleading to Allah until I heard some positive news regarding my mother. 

The door opened and I sat up, staring up at the doctor who was coming out of the room. Fariha, Zafar and I both stared at him, with bated breaths. My sister looked pale, with tear streaks on both cheeks, tightly grasping her husband's arm. "Zafar..." I heard her mutter his name, as if terrified to hear what the doctor has to stay.

The doctor noticed me sitting on the floor. "Lagta hai Khuda ne sunli hai aap ki. Aapki Ammi ab stable hain. Dil ki dhadkan ruk gayi thi, laikin resuscitate kar liya humne unhain, Alhumdulillah."

*"It seems that God has answered your prayers. Your mother is now in a stable condition. Her heartbeat had stopped, but we have resuscitated her, Alhumdulillah." 

Fariha buried her face against Zafar's chest, crying with relief now. He wrapped an arm around her shoulder, being mindful of the fact that they weren't alone. I glanced away, politely, raising my hand to make a dua instead, to thank my Allah for saving my mother. It was selfish of me, maybe, but I had longed to see the day where my parents would sit in my home, watching my daughters play, or actually playing along with them. I wanted to celebrate the important moments of my life, as well as my family's, with the people who had given me life. I wasn't ready to lose either of them.

I knew exactly what I had to do today.

****

Zafar and I went to Data Darbar, a large and well known Sufi Shrine of Lahore, that evening. Besides it was a small homeless shelter, and the residents often came to the outer court of the shrine. 

I had ordered a large amount of food from one of the best restaurants in Lahore (to ensure hygiene), and we had decided to distribute it to the needy. Prayer was one way to thank Allah, of course, but so was helping the less fortunate people in society. Feeding a hungry person has great rewards, and after what Allah had done for me, this was the least that I could do. Zafar offered to come with me, to help me out, as Fariha was with the kids. 

I approached an elderly couple, who sat on the courtyard, not talking, but staring at the ground blankly. "Assalam Alaikum, Aunty, Uncle." 

"Walaikum Assalam." They both replied. 

I handed them a packed container of food, each. "Yeh aap donon ke liye." I crouched down in front of them. "Allah meri Ammi ko maut ke moun se wapis laya hai, aur main apne Rab ka shukar adaa karne ki koshish kar raha hoon."