Dosti (Friendship)

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

Stay safe with the covid situation. I heard on Pakistani news that it's getting bad there again. May Allah keep us all safe from this. Ameen.

Again, as my story is about doctors, I like to praise everyone in the medical field. It's been over a year since this crisis has started and you all are still fighting away for us. May Allah reward you all for your efforts, regardless of race, religion or anything. Ameen.

****

"Rahe na rahe, yeh jeewan kabhi, bani yeh rahe dosti,
Hai, teri kasam, o yaara mere, judaa hum na hongay kabhi."

Teri meri, yeh dosti, younhi rahe ta Qayamat.

(Whether we remain alive or not, may our friendship last.
I swear to you, my friend, may we never part,)

(May our friendship last till Qayamat (Judgement Day))

~~~~

From the song 'Dosti' by Jawad Ahmad.

This song is the inspiration for this chapter.

****

Ahad

I whistled a random song as I tried on yet another sherwani. "What do you think of this one?" 

Zafar peeked out of the changing room he was in. "That looks good."

I turned to face him. "I look like a gadha." I shook my head, gesturing towards the grey sherwani that I was wearing.

*Gadha: donkey.

"What did donkeys do to you that you are insulting them?" Zafar grinned.

"I look like one, you are one." I turned back to face the mirror. "Actually, who am I kidding? I look good in anything. Sadqay jaon. No wonder Zo is so crazy about me."

"Astaghfirullah, narcissism ki bi hadd hoti hai." Zafar returned inside the changing room.

*"Astaghfirullah, there's a limit to narcissism." 

We were both trying on sherwanis for Dua's wedding. I had just planned on wearing a suit, but Zaf had insisted that I also wore a sherwani, because I was practically family. I knew the immense pressure my best friend was facing, and I was doing anything and everything to help him out. 

"Yaar, thodi cheap quality ke nahin lag rahe yeh kapday?" Zafar sounded worried.

*"Bro, don't these clothes look of cheap quality?"

"No, they're perfect. Get your eyesight tested." I am ashamed to admit that I had initially felt the same, but Zafar had clearly told me that this was the best shop he could afford, and if I was honest with him, it would make him feel very bad. "And face it, we're blessed with the looks to look good in anything and everything, Ma Sha Allah." I said in a joking manner. 

I also knew very, very well that he had put in more effort to buy Dua's dresses, as well as Mahnoor's, Fariha Bhabi's, the boys' and his mother's. He'd let them all buy whatever they liked.