Heart

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

QUESTION: Why does Hania always get in trouble?

ANSWER: She's the daughter of the couple who faced literally every drama in the world, so this is only natural. :D

***

It's officially my niece's second birthday (25th February), Ma Sha Allah!

I'm mentioning this on here, because I've probably told the readers repeatedly, that baby Hania, her behaviour, her actions, and even her toddlerhood is based on my niece. I learned all these baby behaviours because of her, like burping a baby, and how I stayed up nights to look after her so that my sister could sleep, as my sister came to stay at our place after my niece was born. 

So, yes. Happy Birthday to the inspiration of Hania! This chapter is for her from her Khalla, if she ever ends up reading this when she's older (In Sha Allah).

****

Fawad

"Bhai?" Fariha came up to me, wide eyed.

"Hey, Fari. What's up?" I asked, sneakily eating one of the pakoras that Ammi had prepared to put in the Kadhi, a yoghurt based curry. I was probably going to get told off or glared at for it, but I didn't care at this point. 

Baap ban gaya hai tu, bachpana nahin gaya. My inner voice chastised me.

*You've become a father, but you haven't let go of your childishness. 

My little sister looked hesitant, the way she used to look when she got in trouble at school, and had needed my help to gently tell our parents, especially Ammi. Although my sister was a smart and intelligent kid, she used to be very feisty, and had often ended up in loud verbal fights with other students, resulting in her getting in trouble.

"What did you do?" I asked, looking at her with amusement.

But the look on her face made the small smile on my face disappear. This was something serious.

"Fari, what's going on?" I frowned.

"Sadia Bhabi...she is the one who pushed Hania intentionally." Fariha looked at me, eyes wide. "Zafar saw it himself, but he didn't know how to tell you and Bhabi this..."

"Sadia Bhabi pushed Hania intentionally?" I asked in disbelief. 

It wasn't that I doubted Fariha. I trusted her completely. She wouldn't just make up stuff about someone like this, and neither would Zafar. It was just that the whole idea of a grown-up, a supposedly well-educated doctor, pushing a toddler and hurting her on purpose was so bloody ridiculous that if the situation wasn't so serious, I would have laughed.

But the situation was serious. Sadia Bhabi had pushed my daughter, my little Hania, causing her to hit her head on the sofa. As a precaution, Papa and I had taken her to the hospital, as it was a head injury, and we were faced with strict questions about it, because obviously a child's welfare is always a concern when they're hurt at home.

Fortunately, Alhumdulillah, there was nothing to worry about, and Papa and I didn't bring Hani back until we were sure. 

"She intentionally hurt my daughter?" My voice dropped to a furious whisper.