Wives

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

Fariha

"I'm going to miss you so much." My eyes were filled up as I hugged Zafar, who was about to leave for the airport. 

Bhai was dropping him off, but as he had to go to work from there, I couldn't go along. Besides, we had decided to give the parents a day off, so that they could go sightseeing, and Arhaan Bhai and Ahad were taking Omar and Saad out to check out the famous cricket stadiums like Lord's and The Oval.  My sons were excited as they were already obsessed with the sport. Zoya and I were going to give Bhabi company, while taking care of Hania and Zaid.

"I will miss you too, Fari." He pecked my lips. We were in the study alone, saying our goodbyes. "But in a few days, you'll be back, In Sha Allah. But my family needs me right now, otherwise I wouldn't go back early."

"I know, Zafar, and I completely understand. In fact, I was ready to..."

"Shh." He put a finger over my lips. "You need to relax and enjoy with your family. You've been through enough." He leaned closer to me and kissed my cheek. "Your gajray will be waiting for you when you come back, In Sha Allah." 

"Gajray, a loving husband and such amazing in-laws." I grabbed the lapels of his shirt. "My life is as perfect as it can be, Alhumdulillah." 

"As is mine." He kissed me, and for a while we just lost ourselves in each other. "I love you, Fariha."

"I love you, too." With a final kiss, we separated and headed out into the hallway.

"Boys, be on your best behaviour." Zafar said to Omar and Saad, who were ready to leave with the Sheikh brothers. 

My husband then took Zaid carefully from Ammi, and gave our baby son a light hug. "Allah Hafiz, Zaid. Mamma aur Bhaiyon ka khayal rakhna hai, theek hai?" He kissed Zaid's cheek.

*"Take care of Mamma and your brothers, okay?"

I smiled at the cuteness of the scene. 

"Let's go." Fawad Bhai came downstairs, ready for work. "Fari, Zoya, if there are any issues, please don't hesitate to call me, okay? I stocked up the kitchen with snacks and other stuff earlier this morning, so just makes yourselves at home and help yourselves to anything. And please make sure that Mina doesn't find a way to convince you to let her out of bed. I know that girl very well, but this is about her health."

"Don't worry, Bhai." Zoya smiled. "She can try all she wants, but it won't work on us. Fariha's a mother, so she knows how to be strict, and I'm pretty stubborn myself so I won't let Jasmina emotionally blackmail us into letting her get up." 

"We've prepared lunch as well." Ammi said. "So, you girls don't need to worry about anything but heating it up." 

"You guys are amazing, seriously." I smiled at Ammi and Aunty. "Thank you." Then I walked over to where Zafar was still cuddling our baby boy. "Message me when you board and call me when you land, In Sha Allah." 

"I will." My husband smiled at me. "Call me if you need anything."

"You've done enough." I said, thinking about the cash that he had left for me, even though I had reassured him that I could manage. I was a doctor as well, after all, even though I was on maternity leave at the moment. But Zafar, being Zafar, didn't listen. 

"Car!" Hania instantly noticed her father's car keys and rushed over to him, raising her arms. 

"No, meri jaan. Papa has to go to work." Bhai lifted her up and kissed her cheeks. "When I get back, I promise I'll try to find time to take you for a drive."