Chapter 22

Then the whistle blew.

I passed the ball to the other forward. She passed it back to Ana, who passed it back to me. I decided to just go for it. I dribbled passed every forward and midfielder on the opposing team. I looked up to see who was in front of me. There I saw a defender twice my size. I did a nutmeg through her legs (passed the ball in between her legs) and ran around her. Now it was just me and two other defenders plus the goalie. I didn't want to be a ball hog because nobody likes a ball hog. So I passed it to Hannah and then ran behind the other team's last defender and pointed to Hannah where I was going, so she wouldn't pass it to me and get me an offside. She caught on with it and passed it to where I was going. As I approached my spot with speed a defender ran and kicked the ball out of my reach and out off the field.

Corner Kick.

Ana ran to take the kick while I got in my spot to try and head the ball into the goal.

Corner kicks were my strength.

She kicked the ball way above my head. I squatted down as far as I could and leaped into the air. I jumped just in time and turned my head towards the goal.

GOAL!!!!

My first goal for the Chelsea Ladies. And first goal of the match!

I kissed my finger and waved it in the air and did some type of awkward dance pointing at the crowd.

My teammates engulfed me into an enormous hug. This was awesome.

As the game went on there were some fouls, yellows, and one red. This team was no joke. It seems that Chelsea and Arsenal have some type of rivalry by how they were playing. Like they had some business to finish.

First half was over we just had 4 minutes stoppage/injury time.

Ana passes the ball the me. It was coming way to high for me to kick it. I decided to head it. When I jumped into the air to head the ball, I felt an enormous encounter with my stomach and the opposite teams defenders knee.

I had just got kneed in my stomach.

I crouched down and held my stomach in pain. I got into a small ball to try to lessen the pain. The game continued. I could hear Oscar, Lucia, and my family screaming.

My hearing seemed a little blurred. My couldn't feel anything but the aching inside my stomach.

I was just waiting to get some help, hoping the ref would blow the whistle.

Nothing.

As I continued to wait, the pain in my stomach kept growing. I lifted my shirt to see and then I saw that a big purple bruise had already started to form.

TWEET!

That ref had finally blew the whistle. #18 on the opposite team got yellowed. Which I'm guessing was the girl who kneed me. The medics came running on the field. I received the help I needed. They just slapped a heating pad on me and told me to come when the half was over. I nodded.

I knew that I would be able to finish the half. Even if I wasn't able to, I still wouldn't give up on my debut THIS EASILY.

I happened to get kneed in the penalty box. Giving us a penalty kick.

"MARIA! Take it!" Ana yelled.

"You sure?"

"TAKE IT!"

I chuckled and went to take the penalty kick.

I looked at my family and friends up in the crowd. I saw everyone there looked happy.