Chapter 7

I was very surprised that she made a comment like that. I couldn't even stand that people think of me as Leo's sister and now this. What she said was really hurtful.

I stayed quiet, I didn't reply, I just walked back to my bag and placed my water in it.

I stayed like that for the rest of the practice didn't say much unless Coach Hayes asked me something. I talked to Hannah, barely. She was really nice. I tried my hardest not to be near Ana. Even though she kept making more and more jokes about me and Leo.

"Guys, bring it in! You all get your lunch break. Its 12:00, I except you to be back by 12:30."
I went to my bag and took off my cleats and replaced them with slides, I put my Adidas soccer pants on over my shorts, shin guards, and socks. And rolled on my deodorant. I grabbed my phone on the way out.

I looked through my social medias and got a call from Oscar. I already knew he would be the highlight of my day so far. I smiled and answered the call.

Maria: Hello
Oscar: Hey Maria, I just got on lunch break lets go eat somewhere.
Maria: Yeah sure.
Oscar: Bye, see you in a few.

I walked to his stadium. It wasn't that far of a walk considering we are on the same team just I was on the ladies team as he was on the men's team.

"Hey, Maria!"

I looked over and saw Oscar running my way.

"Hey, Oscar." I smiled.

"Ready to go? My car's over there." he said pointing to a silver Audi R8. We walked to to his car. He ran over to the side of the car I was sitting on and opened the door for me. I smiled him and said "Thank you."

He ran to the other side of the car to his seat when his shin collided with the bumper of the car.

"SHIT!!" he yelled.

He got to the other side of the car and got in.

"Anywhere in mind for lunch?" He asked

"Nope, don't really know much about this place."

"Great! We can go to a Chinese restaurant if you like Chinese..."

"Yes, I do."

"Okay we'll go to a Chinese restaurant down the road called 'New World'."

He started the engine of the car and was back out.

"So how was you first day of practice?"

"Well some girls made jokes of me being Leo's sister. And our coach will tell me if I get a spot on the team after practice."

"That's terrible I hope that doesn't happen again. And hopefully you will get on the team."

"So how was YOUR practice."

He started to act like he was crying.

"Well, I kicked Costa by accident and then, and then, AND THEN... No I can't tell you it's just terrible what happened. Okay I'll tell you since you are practically making me. He LAUGHED AT ME!!!" He tried to sob harder. We both started busting out laughing.

"Well here we are. This is 'New World'."

He got out of the car and went to open my door. He offered me his hand. I looked up at his eyes and smiled.

"Thank you." I grabbed his hand and got out of the car. He started smiling. We got into the restaurant and got some odd looks. Probably because we were in our soccer clothes. I looked at Oscar as he did the same. We started to chuckle.

"Follow me and I'll show you to your seats." The waitress said.

We followed her and our seats were in the center of the restaurant. Great. Just what we needed.