Chapter 10

I walked over to my bag and took a few sips of water then changed into my slides and put my pants on over my shorts and took off my shin guards. I kept thinking about how I was going to show them I deserve to be #10, it would take lots of exercise.

Instead of taking The Chelsea Ladies bus or going with Oscar, I ran 2 miles to the hotel. When I got to my room I went straight to the shower, When I finished I changed into leggings and a white shirt with Mickey Mouse on it, I hobbled into the bed and watched some TV. After a while I checked the time it was 2:00pm, I went down to the lobby to get a snack I got water fruit salad and a cookie.

After the snack I was on my way back to my room when I ran into Lucia.

"Hey Lucia, how has your day been." I asked curiously.

"It's been good.Yours?"

"Well I went to soccer practice,and this girl named Ana thought it was funny to make fun of my brother Lionel (Leo) Messi."

"Oh that wasn't very nice"

"Yea, I know"

"Well you should give her a taste of her own medicine. That better show her not to mess with any of the Messi's"

"I'll try,thanks for the pep talk Lucia"

After my talk with Lucia I went up to my room and got on my phone. Oscar had texted me a few times.

Oscar: Hey why did you run to the hotel?
Oscar: I could've drove you
Oscar: What's up with you did "that girl" say something?!?
Oscar: Hello?!
Oscar: Maria are you okay?
Maria: Sorry,and yes Ana did trash talk me about Leo about how coach only gave me #10 because that's the number Leo is
Oscar: I'm sorry about that... But at least YOU ARE #10 they are usually the best on the team, tell her that and maybe she will stop telling so mush nonsense.