Chapter 39

Maria's POV

When practice was over around 5:00, I checked my phone and noticed I had 3 missed calls from Lucia.

I called her back.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Where the hell are you!?! I told Marc to tell you that I was arriving at the airport around 2:00. I've been stranded at this damn airport for nearly 3 damn hours!!" She raged.

"Marc never told me that you were coming today" I say.

"That idiot! Just come and pick me up!" She screamed into the phone.

She hung up.

Why wouldn't Marc tell me that Lucia was arriving? How unlike him.

I ran to my car.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Asked Oscar running over to me.

"Lucia arrived at the airport more than 2 hours ago. She told Marc to tell me but I never got the call from Marc... And he didn't come to practice to tell me" I explained.

"Oh" he said getting into the car.

I sped to the airport and I unbelievable didn't get pulled over. We arrived at the airport a few minutes after we left Stanford Bridge.

"Goddamn!" Lucia yelled getting up from her suitcase.

"Sorry!" I apologized.

"It's fine, where's that fool Marc?!" She asked.

"He's probably at home"

She stepped back for a second and looked at Oscar and I.

"Um..." she says widening her eyes. "I see that you two have made up"

"Oh! Yeah, the time you've been away seems like forever ago" I laughed. "We forgave each other"

"Good to hear" she says with a sheepish grin.

"Yeah... And stalker girl has gotten a lot worse" Oscar implies.

"What did she do?" She wonders.

"She knows how to get in and out of the house. Last night, she got into the house while I was downstairs to get a late night snack. She was telling me a bunch of nonsense-" I inform her.

"That's terrible"

"That's not even the worse part... She had a knife" I tell the both of them.

Both of their expressions went completely blank. Almost in too much shock to even think.

I looked at Oscar and nearly forgot that the only person that knew she had a knife was Marc.

"Let's just go home, I need to talk to that ass Marc" Lucia groaned.

We all laughed.

"Marc?" We yelled once we came in.

"He's probably sleeping" I giggled.

We all walked up to his room and found a note sitting on his bed.

hey guys,

you are all probably back from practice by the time you read this. sorry, i forgot to tell you, but lucia is coming home today around 2:00. anyways, i Had to go lEave back to barceLona and be at tomorrow's Practice... So i'll TALK to you guys latER, see you GIRLs laTer! by the way, tell lucia abOut the Oranges i Knocked over on My way ovEr :O

sincerely, marc

"Has he been smoking crack or something? What oranges is he talking about?" Lucia asks.