Chapter 9

"I can't ask my brother to pay for my talent. Yes, Lionel Messi and I are related but my name is not 'Lionel Messi's sister'!"

"Well, it should be. Why else do you think Prince Charming likes you? For you!? Has he asked about your brother?! He just wants a fast pass to THE Lionel Messi!"

I looked down. I could slowly feel tears welling up in my eyes.

"You still haven't answered my question! Has he asked about Leo yet?!"

"Yes..." I slowly mumbled.

"It was probably where you guys met! Correct?!!"

I slowly nodded my head. The walked pass me and nudged me.

I wiped my tears that slowly started to fall down my face. Maybe she was right. After all Oscar did ask if I was Leo's sister, RIGHT WHEN HE HEARD MY FULL NAME.

I trudged over to the arena and did the practice just like everyone else. I just wanted this practice to hurry up and be over, I couldn't stand Ana'a jokes anymore.

It was finally the end of practice.

"Everyone bring it in!" Coach yelled "Everyone give a round of an applause to Maria. She survived the first practice. And give another round of applause to her again because she is officially on the team!!" There was an applause this time.

I smiled. "Thank you very much Coach Hayes."

"No probably you deserved it, you came out here and showed us what you can do. Since our last #10 left that's your new number."

"Same as your brother!!!" Ana yelled "And Coach you said that when she leaves I get #10 so now you're just going to give it to Maria!? Is it because she is a Messi and should follow her brothers legacy for girls?!"

Coach Hayes stayed quiet.

"Well I guess you can get over it, right? I'm now on this team and will show you guys that I deserve this #10 on my back. Not just from my brothers success."