Chapter 13

I lightly punched his shoulder and kept walking.

"There she is!!" Oscar yelled referring to the car. I laughed. We quickly climbed into the car since it was getting a little cold outside.

In the car Oscar started rubbing his hands together and deeply breathed into them. As I just simply rubbed mine against my jeans. The cold leather seats didn't make it easier because my pants were pretty thin.

"Did you have fun?" He suddenly asked.

"Yeah, it was great."

"That's good. Are you hungry? Because I am STARVING!"

"Well I guess since you brought it up, I guess I AM a LITTLE hungry."

"Im really in the mood for La Gavroche.
I'm assuming you haven't tried it but it a French restaurant and the food is AMAZING!!" He moaned.

"I guess La Gavroche it is." I laughed.

He started driving.

"Hey, after practice tomorrow we should do something." He randomly said

"Like what?"

"Come to my car after practice and I'll wait there."

"Okay... so where are we going?"

"I can't tell you that, it's for.... um, I'll call it a date." he said proudly.

"That seems good to me."

~~~~In The Restaurant~~~~

He held my hand as we walked into the restaurant. This placed looked amazing, it looked like a place Leo would take me to for my birthday or something important like that.

"Hello, table for 2 please." Oscar asked the lady at front desk.

"If you would follow me I will show you to your seats."

We followed her to our seats near the back of the room. Which was very peaceful and quiet. This place felt like a very classy restaurant it felt a little like back home. I missed it very much. There was already water in my eyes thinking about my mom and how bored she must be.

We sat at our table that the waitress had brought us to.

"Excuse me, I'll be right back Oscar. Just got to take care of something."

He nodded his head.

I got up and went to the bathroom. I could feel the tears coming in.

I got into the bathroom. This was harder than I thought it would be. I was so excited when I was leaving from Argentina and now that I have moved I'm home sick. I knew the only person to give me useful information about this whole experience was Leo.

"Hello?"

"Hey Leo, it's me, Maria. When you moved to Spain and left some of your family behind... Did you feel-"

"Lonely? Homesick?"

"Exactly!"

"Yeah, for the first few days, yes I did. I called you guys a lot. But it was still very emotional for me. I didn't have you there, I didn't have our brothers there, and I didn't have our parents there. It was a hard experience mostly because I was younger. But if you like the people on the team and you feel like you fit in and they are very open to have a new person you should be fine. Do you enjoy your teammates?"

"About that..."

"Ahh, well you can tell me later. Anything else? I had to excuse myself I'm at a dinner with the rest of the Barça guys?"

"Yeah and so am I Im on a dinner as well."

"Bye."

"Bye."

I turned off my phone Leo's talk was another one of those talks that I needed but I didn't want to hear. Just like my conversation with that bus driver. I didn't want to know that he had an easy time because of his welcoming teammates. That just gave me a feeling that I would have a harder time getting used to everything he did. Ugh.

I walked back to see that damn waitress in my seat.

"Excuse me." I said.

"Hey babe," Oscar over exaggerated the 'babe' part it was probably because he was uncomfortable when I left him with him alone with the waitress.

She got up. "What would you like to drink ma'am?" She asked

"Sweet tea."

"And what to eat?"

"I'll get a Soufflé Suissesse." I said quiet slowly, considering I was looking through the menu.

"What a coincidence you and your boyfriend got the same dish..." she groaned while walking away. I found it funny how everyone thinks that me and Oscar are a couple. I just kept quiet because I didn't mind.

"I'm so glad you came back. She was all over me," he said referring to the waitress. "It was so uncomfortable. I said 'babe' so she would think we're an item." he smiled.

"So you told her a lie?" I asked slyly.

"I wish it wasn't." he mumbled. Probably didn't mean for me to hear that but I did.

"What was that?"

"Nothing." he said quite quickly.