Chapter 42

3 months later

Maria's POV

Things have been going pretty well, Lucia's case went perfectly. They confirmed that it was self defense. Marc comes often, whenever he isn't in the starting lineup, doesn't have practice, or when he wants to come watch my games or just to hang out. Oscar and I spend every day together nowadays. We've gotten a lot closer than a few months ago. Lucia, she works as a lifeguard at an aquatic center near the stadium. She gets anxiety about the accident at times, but it's gotten a lot better. Her and Neymar visit each other about every week. As for me, I'm just putting everything I have into practice. I play most of the games and score most of the goals. (not aiming to be cocky) Ana and I don't talk at all, unless it's in games when we have to communicate to each other. When either of us score we just give each other a simple high five or thumbs up. I mean, what else can we do? After all we are teammates, and we all did work very hard to win the FA cup. I visit Barcelona every so often, it's always so fun to see all the Barça boys. We are closer than we were before, even though we were still awfully close. And Oscar and Marc are actually friends now. Other than that, life's been the same.

"Maria!! Let's go, I'm going to be late because of you!!" Oscar yelled.

"I'm coming!!" We are currently in the house about to go to Oscar's game against Arsenal.

I quickly put on my shoes and walked downstairs.

Oscar was already in the car so I closed and locked the front door.

I got into the car.

"Hey Lucia" I greeted.

"Hey Ms. I-like-to-take-forever-to-get-ready" she replied with a smile.

"Ha ha" I laugh sarcastically.

Oscar starts to drive awfully fast to get to the stadium.

"Oscar, chill out. You're going like 20 miles above the limit" I tell him.

"I need to get to the stadium fast" he says.

"Dude, the game starts in 3 hours..."

"Ugh, I just want to get there as fast as I can, okay?" He says.

"Whatever" I sigh looking out the window.

We soon arrive at Wembley Stadium, and Oscar runs out of the car.

"Why do they have to play at Wembley?" Lucia asks. "Can't they just play at one of their home stadiums?"

"Well since it's only a preseason match, they couldn't give less of a fuck where it was, so they just put it here... In the England stadium" I inform her.

"Oh" she murmured.

"Want to get something at Starbucks?" I ask her.

"What about Oscar's game?"

"Please, we still have 3 hours" I plead.

"Good point" she answers.

I unbuckle my seatbelt and move from the passenger seat to the drivers seat. As Lucia crawls from the back seat to the passenger seat.

"See how much time we just saved right there?" I ask.

She just laughs as I start to drive.

"How are you and Neymar?" I ask her pulling out of the stadium.

"We're good, but we only see each other about once a week. And honestly, the distance worries me. I'm not over there to know if he's seeing someone else... I probably sound crazy to you" she tells me.