Petra Ral - Gone

AN: I will literally delete my entire account if I get one Petra x Tree joke. 

Petra absolutely loved her job. She loved the thrill of zipping around the cities to take down the titans and the satisfaction that she felt when she brought down a titan. The only downside to her job was that she had to leave you behind for days on end. She was sent on missions that lasted an unprecedented amount of time so she was never sure when she'll return to you.  Once she joined the Levi squad, her days got longer. The days she would get to spend with you were so short and it often made her think about quitting the Survey Corps. When she joined, she didn't think to ever fall in love but now that she had, it made her rethink her priorities. She wanted to marry you and spend the rest of her life with you. If she stayed in the corps, the possibility of dying during any of her missions was very real. You never asked her to quit because you didn't want to take away what she loved to do so you kept your worries to yourself. 

You watched as Petra began to prepare for the trip to the headquarters for the Corps outside of the wall. 

"I'm not going to see you for a while, am I?"

She stops packing to look over at you. She doesn't even have to speak for you to get an answer, her eyes told you everything. 

"I didn't want to tell you this until I got back but I'm thinking of quitting after this mission..." She lets out a grunt as you tackle her into a hug. You start to cry as she wraps her arms around you to hold you tightly. "I haven't told anyone about this because I need to talk to Captain Levi first but once I start with all the paperwork, I'll tell my father."

"But you loved this job. You said that you would do it until you were physically incapable."

"Well yeah but that was before you and I started dating. I want a future with you and I know that if I continue being in the Corps, I won't have the chance."

"Marry me? Right now. I can't wait any longer to be your wife."

Petra gently cups your cheek and kisses you. The kiss last until the two of you are forced to pull apart to catch your breath. 

"I can't wait either but we have to. I have to leave in an hour. Captain Levi is not going to be happy if I'm late."

"He can fuck off, he needs you so he'll wait until you meet up with them."

She laughs, knowing full well that Levi would force her to clean for hours if she was late. 

"I can't be on his bad side if I'm planning on quitting soon but I promise that as soon as I come back, we'll marry the very next day. I promise you that."

You take off your necklace, placing it on her. It was the necklace that your mother had given to you when you were little. You never took it off so Petra was surprised that you were giving it to her. 

"I'm entrusting you with it. I want you to bring it back."

Petra nodded, knowing that it was your way of telling her to come back safely. 

"I'll be careful."

X

Just like you had said, a month had passed he bell signaling the return of the Survey Corp was barely ringing. You had been staying with Petra's father as the two of you anxiously waited for her return. When you both heard it ring, the two of you took off to the entrance in search of her. He splits away from you, saying that he had to talk to someone. 

"Petra!"

You start to yell when you can't see a sign of her. She was usually at the front with the others but she wasn't there. You paid no attention to the others as they gave you strange looks. All you wanted was to find Petra. You continue calling for her until a boy and a girl step out of the line to walk up to you. 

"A..are you (y/n)?"

You quickly nodded, hoping that he had any information about Petra. 

"I am! Where is she?"

The boy starts to cry as he thrusts something into your hand. When you look down to see what it is, you let out a blood curdling scream.

"No! NO! She said that she was going to be careful!"

"I'm so sorry! This is all my fault. I could've saved her"

The girl watches as his words just make things words. She mutters a quick apology and takes him back to follow the rest of the soldiers. You fall on your knees as you eyed your necklace with a blank stare. You didn't care for the stupid necklace, you just wanted for Petra to return to you. She promised that she was going to marry you when she came back. This wasn't how things were supposed to end, the two of you were going to get married and grow old together. Now all of that was gone. The love of your life was gone and you weren't even there in her final moments. 

--------------

Send me prompts and suggestions on request page.

Names that have ?? do not have a prompt so feel free to send me one of yours.

Sergeant Calhaun - Out

--------------