You/Mikasa Ackerman - Rank Part 1

(Attack on Titan)

"(l/n) and Ackerman, the two of you are up."

You gulped loudly as your name was called. You really should've kept your mouth shut with the Captain. Now you were paying with your life for 'disrespecting' him. Mikasa was leagues far above yours. She was ranked #1 out of all the recruits while you were at the bottom half. There was no way that you would be able to successfully defend yourself in the scrimmage. Your ass was going to get handed to you. 

"(y/n)! Get your ass over there, now! Don't make me repeat myself."

"Yes, sir!"

You took a deep breath and made your way to the middle of the circle to stand in front of Mikasa.  You couldn't tell what she was thinking of with the way her face lacked any emotion and that scared you. You've always been good at reading the emotions of people but Mikasa was the exception. She was a mystery to you and as much as you tried to get to know her, she would ignore you. To simply put it, she more than likely hated you. 

Your Captain had started the round but neither of you moved. 

"Well what are you waiting for?! Someone move! Or the two of you will get ranked at the bottom for this challenge." Even with the warning, Mikasa didn't move. If she wasn't moving, you weren't going to move. "Oh for! Fine! If that's what the two of you want, then I'll give you low scores to lower your rank. Get out of my face."

You let out a sigh of relief when you push past everyone to get out of the circle. You weren't sure why Mikasa hadn't attempted to fight against you and you didn't want to know. The important thing is that you weren't missing any teeth or had anything broken. 

X

"Mikasa's not in the top ten anymore. This is all your fault!"

"I..I didn't do anything. Mikasa wasn't fighting either. What was I supposed to do?!"

He grabs the front of your shirt to push you against the wall, catching you by surprise. He had never been violent with anyone. 

"Now she won't be able to qualify for the MP! You put her life at risk!"

You struggled against his grip, not wanting to get hit as he continued to yell at you for what had happened earlier. You looked around for anyone to help you but they were all afraid to get in between the two of you. 

"Eren! That's enough! Let her go."

Mikasa was just on her way to the cafeteria when she heard Eren yelling. Worried that he could get himself into trouble, she had run to where a small circle had formed around the two of you. 

"But Mikasa..."

"Let her go, Eren. I made my choice, she had nothing to do with it."

He shoves you off of him and pushes through the crowd to make his way to his dorm. Mikasa has always protected him and when it was his chance of protecting her, she wouldn't let him. 

"Are you alright?"

"Me?"

You look around, not quite believing that she was talking to you. She's never spoken a word to you since the two of you met. 

"I'm fine. Thank you. I..I'm sorry about what happened earlier. I should've done something so you wouldn't get dragged down with me."

"I made my choice, you have nothing to apologize for."

She turns around and follows the same path that Eren had take. She needed to talk to him and explain what was going on or else he would continue harassing you for what had happened. 

X

 "Are you here to tell me what happened or are you here to lecture me?"

"I'm here to tell you what happened. I don't want for you to continue fighting with her when it wasn't even her fault."

"Alright, then tell me why you refused to fight. You could've easily taken her out."

"I didn't want to hurt her."

"You didn't want to hurt her? You seriously did it because you didn't want to hurt her?! You lost your spot because of that?! Out of all the..."

"Enough Eren. I've done a lot of stupid things to protect you. Another stupid thing won't hurt me. Besides, I don't need to be in the top 10. I'm not joining the MP. I'm joining the Scouts with you."

"Mikasa..."

"I don't need you to convince me otherwise. Where you go, I go. Got it."

He nods, not really having any other choice. 

"Wait, wait, wait. Why are you protecting her?"

Mikasa quickly uses her scarf to cover her cheeks, making Eren more suspicious of Mikasa's intentions. 

"I don't have reason. I just feel bad for her."

"I don't believe you. You don't give up your spot for someone that you feel bad for. I thought that you didn't even like her. You always refused to talk to her when she came up to us."

"I'm starving. I'm going to get dinner. You can only join me if you don't ask me about it anymore."

Eren joined her but he had no intentions of keeping quiet about this. This was the first time that he ever heard of Mikasa liking someone and he was going to do everything to get the two of you to at least talk.

X

"(y/n)! Over here!" You turned around at the sound of your name, briefly locking eyes with Eren before he's dragged down by Mikasa. Curious about why he was calling you, you made your way over to their table. "I wanted to apologize for earlier. No hard feelings, right?"

"Uh, right."

"Great! Then sit with us."

You looked to Armin and Mikasa, wanting to see if they were okay with it. Armin smiled while Mikasa looked away.

"I'm okay. Maybe another time."

"I insist! Come on."

Not wanting to be rude, you take a seat in front of him. It's awkward as the four of you eat, unsure of what to really say. You had only been at the table for a minute when Eren and Armin where already done eating. 

"We're done! We'll leave you alone so you can talk!" The two of them quickly rush to pick up everything before heading out. "By the way, Mikasa likes you!"

"Eren!"

Eren and Armin run off, leaving you alone with a blushing Mikasa. 

"so...you like me?"

"Not a word."

"But..."

"Not. A. Word."

You quickly nodded, afraid of what she would do. You were sure that she wasn't going to hurt you after what happened earlier but there was still other things that she could do. Keeping quiet, you still couldn't help but smile at the thought of Mikasa liking you. You would just have to confess another time