You/Isabella - Help

There's a knock at your door and a second letter, Grandmother walks in

"Pack your things. You're being assigned to Plantation 3."

You weren't fit to be a Mama but you were good at being a sister. You weren't a leader but you made sure that everyone followed them as well as yourself.

"May I ask why? Plantation 3 has one of the best Mama's from what I hear."

"Isabella will fill you in all the details. We don't have time to waste so hurry up. Meet my at the gates in 10 minutes."

There was hardly anything for you to pack but your uniforms and several personal items that they had allowed you to keep. Once done, you headed out to meet with Grandmother.

X

Isabella greeted you with a warm smile as she met up with the two of you. Grandmother explained a few things to the two of you and then went back inside the cave.

"It's nice to meet you, Sister (y/n), Grandmother says that you're one of the best."

Your cheeks redden, not used to getting compliments.

"I wouldn't say that. I just do my job."

"A lot of women do their job but don't do it well. If Grandmother says that you're one of the best then I'd like to believe she's right about you. Lets hurry up and get back to the house. I have a lot of things to discuss with you and we wouldn't want for one of the kids to wonder around."

X

Isabella had explained everything that had occurred before she called in for help. You were honestly surprised that several of her kids had learned the truth and were planning on escaping.

"For now, we'll just pretend that you're here to gain experience. I don't want them to know that we're on to them. Just stick close to me and they won't suspect a thing. Do you have any questions?"

"I think you've filled me in on everything."

"Great. Let me show you to your room."

X

It took a while for Isabella to adjust to having you around. You did your job well but you distracted her. The two of you were supposed to keep an eye on the trouble makers but Isabella often found herself focusing on you than on the kids. It was a miracle as to how you hadn't noticed that Isabella could hardly take her eyes off of you.

"Could I talk to you for a second?"

It was late at night and the kids were already sleeping. After making sure that no one would sneak out of their beds, you made your way to Isabella's room to talk to her about something that you've been thinking about for a while.

"Of course, come in. What is it that you wanted to talk about?"

You walk in and close the door behind you. Being alone in the room with her was a little nerve wrecking and you were feeling very grateful of the training you had undergone to hide your nerves.