You/Shinobu Kocho - Apology Part 2

(Demon Slayer)

(Two days before the breakup

(Two days before the breakup.)

Your best friend smiled widely when she spotted you by the entrance of the market. She waved a you and quickly jogged over to meet you halfway.

"(y/n)!"

"Deya!"

The two of you hug each other tightly after not seeing one another for months.

"What are you going here? You usually send word of when you'll come back."

You rubbed the back of your neck, unsure of how to tell her that you were only cutting through town to quickly make your way to the Butterfly Mansion.

"Ah. I just wanted to surprise my parents. You caught me."

"I'm glad! Come on! Your parents are going to be so happy."

Before you could say anything else, she was dragging you off to your childhood home.

X

"We should have a party! It's been so long since you've been home!"

"I actually have to...."

"(y/n), it'll just be a small celebration and then you can go back home the day after tomorrow."

You had no choice but to agree. Your parents were giving you that look of hope and you didn't want to crush them.

"Alright but I need to send word to Shinobu. It's been a while since I updated her with my whereabouts."

They all cheer and leave you alone to write your letter. Your best friend stayed behind with the excuse to keep you busy so they could plan.

"So, Shinobu? That's the girl you've been talking about?"

Your friend begins to regret bringing up Shinobu as you go on and on about the girl. It pissed her off that you seemed to be in love with her. You should be talking about her, not about some stupid girl that you barely knew.

"Why don't I drop it off?"

"I was going to send it with my crow. He's been trained to..."

"Nonsense! Let the poor animal rest. I can drop it off."

"But it's a little out of the way."

"I don't mind. I could use a walk."

You weren't sure why she was being so insistent. Your gut was telling you that something was off but you ignored it. This was your friend since childhood, you trusted her with your life.

"Alright but please be careful."

X

Your friend threw away your letter. There was a possibility there could be trouble in paradise if you didn't send the letter and she had to take it. She wanted Shinobu gone so she could have you all to herself. She messed up on not telling you about her love for you but she was going to fix things.