Part 3 Chapter 5

Draco walked with me back to the dorms and kissed me good night before leaving me in the common room. I saw him disappear towards the boy's dormitories before I walked towards my own. The girls had already gotten back and laid in their beds reading as I entered.

"Where did you go? We were worried you wouldn't make it before the curfew." Frieda asked as I sat down in my bed to take of my shoes and change.

"I just needed a small walk after all."

"Alright. But don't walk off alone again though. I heard you can be punished if a teacher finds you alone in the corridors." Frieda say and return to her book. 

"Don't worry, I won't." I say and change into my pajamas for bed. 

Next morning we walked together to breakfast. I saw Draco in the common room and smiled. I slowed down my pace so he had time to catch up. The girls didn't notice as he grabbed my hand and followed behind me. His other hand occasionally  touched may hair hanging on my back.

I could hear the girls talking about something, but I only focused on the feeling of Draco's hand hugging mine, and the sound of his breath behind me.

As we reached the Hall, he hugged my hand before letting go. "I'll see you in class." He whispered and kissed the back of my head. I smiled and followed the girls to sit down at our usual spot. I watched Draco sit down with Crabbe, Goyle and Zabini. He looked at me too.

The warm feeling inside me almost made me forget about the dark reality around me. It wasn't until Bathsheda told us about the old Gaelic runes that I snapped out of my bubble. I suddenly remembered my encounter with the water snake at Loch Ness and the image of Voldemort by the standing rocks. The fact that I had to learn how to kill a horcrux dawned on me again and I looked over at Draco who sat at the other end of the room. He looked puzzled at me and I looked away. 

"I can't concentrate on this. It's unbelievable. Why did I even sign up for this class?" Grace whisper as she tries to decrypt the runes in her textbook. I looked at her and shrugged. 

As class ended I took my books and walked with Grace out to the corridors, but a hand grabbed my arm.

"Is everything alright? You had a weird look on your face earlier." Draco asks and looks down at me concerned. 

"Yes, just a lot on my mind that's all." I say and smile. 

"Okay, good. I'll walk you to the next class." He say and grab my hand in his while nodding for Crabbe to go ahead. I see Grace turn around and look at me a bit suspicious before continuing to walk a few steps ahead of us. 

As we reached the class, Draco gave me a nod and left me to sit down with Grace. Grace looked at me as I sat down and then looked down on her books.

"You don't have to say anything. I know what you're thinking. He's trouble." I whisper and Grace smirks but look around to make sure nobody hears her.

"Yeah he is. He is a death eater. I did not expect you to accept that. But sure, I trust you know what you're doing." She whisper while looking down on her book.

"Thank you." I whisper back before we start focusing on the lesson. 

We met up with Frieda and Liona for the last class and Draco had left with his friends to another lesson. 

"So I think we need to talk about something." Grace say as we walk the corridors. She looks at me.

"Okay. what?" Liona say and I bite my lip.

"I'm seeing Draco again." I say and look down on my feet. 

There is a long silence before someone says something.