part 2 chapter 15

At breakfast in the great hall, Grace was examining me without the others knowing. She gave me looks and I just raised my eyebrows trying to look surpriced. She knew I was hiding something from them. But I couldn't tell her. I tried to stay away from Draco and Zabini. Draco had been sent to the hospital wing over night but I heard rumors he'd be back for DA class.

"NEWTs are tomorrow you know. How are you planning on passing unless you actually study?" Grace looked at my book and then me. I looked away from the big windows where my gace hade been focused and looked at her.

"I am studying. But unless you actually start writing something on that parchment I think you're the one in trouble." I said nodding at her empty parchment in front of her.
She just shrugged.

"Quidditch game on my mind. Didn't see you durin the last game. Were you busy with something?"

I didn't look up to meet her eyes.
"Not particularly. Just didn't feel like it." I turned a page in my textbook trying to find something to focus on.

"Is there something going on between you two? I can really feel this tension." Liona said after a while and looked at me and Grace.

We both looked at her. Then eachother before shaking our heads.

"Don't mention that feeling to Trelawney, Liona. She would go crazy on you believing she's found a new sier." Frieda said while writing on her parchment. "You remember how she reacted when she heard about Demelza Celtlocks crazy dream."

We all laughed. But Frieda gave me a look to. They all knew I was hiding something from them.

I recieved a letter from Eliza the same afternoon. She wished me good luck on the NEWT's and reminded me that I had to find my way back home from kings cross by myself when I return after the semester, because she is invited to dine with mr Fudge and an old colleague.

None of us were that fond of Cornelius Fudge but what could we do. After he left as minister of magic he had become so very concerned about his reputation. And Eliza and him had long been friends. She had not told him about the true history behind my family of course, but she was starting to get worried something would give it away. 

I knew a time would come when the truth would come out. But untill that I had to focus on my grades. NEWT's was one of the most importent tests during Hogwarts and I couldn't fail. I knew potions were a bad run but the DA had always been my strong side. Having Snape whom I had grown to like and understand made me more confident in my ability. The charms were alright and only a few things left to remember from history of magic and then I believe I was ready.

I had spread out lots of paper on one of the tables in the common room that afternoon. Class was over for today and I could spend all the time that was left on studying. Ribbon was lying on top of a few books moving his tail back and forth.

"Can't you just help me instead? That tail is distracting my thoughts." I said to him. He just licked his paw and stared at me bored.

"I could help you?" Frieda came in through the door. I smiled. She was alone. "Could need some help with the  runes myself." She sat down in the couch opposite me.

"Thanks!" I said and gave her a small smile. I felt like I had not been a very good friend lately. I wasn't focused on them.

"You know we have had studytime by the yard last two weeks. You could have joined." She said and I looked at her.

"Yes I'm sorry." I said and she smiled.

Frieda looked at me with a look of understanding. "I understand there is something you are hiding from us. And I bet it's not Grace's theory about you leaving us for Pansy and her friends." Frieda said to try and make it funny. I smiled.

"No it's just very difficult to tell you." I said and looked down on my papers.

"You know we won't judge. We're not Blaise, or Malfoy. Didn't see him in DA though I heard he should have recovered by now." She said. The last she said carefully while examining me carefully. I looked at her.

"I know about you two." She said and I opened my mouth but didn't know what to say.

"I've known it for a while now. Just wanted to be sure. After that night with Blaise I knew something was different. The way you suddenly became so conserned about Draco's health, didn't join us to the quidditch and ran off without a very good explanation." She smiled now but I didn't know how to look. She had figured it out. But that was actually not the secret I was afraid of. I had a much worse case now.

"You know I hate his family. But if someone were to see something good in him I believe it would be you." Ribbon had moved to her lap and she was brushing him carefully.

"I really don't know what to say about that. I don't even know what to call us." I said and shrugged.

"Well. I can surely tell that you're not a couple. If you hide it. It means something is wrong." She said and stoppe dpatting Ribbon and focused on me.

"I know. It's just very difficult right now. The NEWT's, Draco's dad, he who must not be named and my parents." I said and looked over at the fireplace.

"You've found out about them?" She said calmmly and I nodded.

"Just didn't expect it to be such a mess. And I can't really tell you. That's why I've been meeting with Dumbledore so often." I looked at her and she smiled.

"I understand. But if there is anytime you feel like you need someone else to talk to you know we'll listen. But hey! What do you think about us visiting Hogsmeade tomorrow? It's been a long time since. I miss those butterbeers." She stood up from her chair and smiled.

"That sounds great!" I said and smiled. I could need a fun day. We were all so focused un studies right now.

"Alright! See you in the dorm. I'm really tired." She said and yawned.

"Yes. Bye!" I said and brushed Ribbon who just had  jumped back up in my lap. I closed my books and looked at ribbon peacefully resting in my lap. The NEWT's were next week and then four weeks left before summer.

Maybe I had to visit Draco after all. Ask him if the rumors were true. If he was a deatheater. And then I could make up my mind on what to do later. There were no way I could date someone who belonged to the person who probably would order to kill me if he knew I were alive. That would be
Impossible. Right?

Next morning we all left Hogwarts for Hogsmeade. People were running on the streets and the shops were filled with people. We steared our path towards the three bromsticks and entered. A small table in the corner was free and we hurried to sit down.

"The wonderful taste of a butterbeer." Grace said as she had taken a sip.
We all agreed.

"You know. I did it last night." Liona said as we went quiet.

"Did what?" I said and we all looked at her. She blushed and smiled.

"I asked Lucas out." She said and we all looked shocked at her and then smiled and laughed. Lucas was a rawenclaw whom Liona had been crushing on since christmas when he had bumped into her while at the library.

"What did he say?" Frieda said and we were all anxcious for the answer.

"He said yes." Liona said and bit her lip. We all cheered and laughed.

"That's amazing! When are you to meet him?" I said and she looked at her watch.

"In 30 minutes in the square." She said and we all went quiet.

"Today?!!" Grace said and looked at what she was wearing. She looked a little questioning at the choice but then shrugged.

"Yes better make it qick if he change his mind." She laughed and took a sip of the beer.

"Oh. Why did Blaise have to be a real idiot. We could have made a great couple." Grace said with a dreamy voice.

"Dream on my friend. Our time will come. Just you wait." Frieda said and raised her glass.

"Cheers to being strong and single women. And rocking those NEWT's next week." Frieda said and we all raised our glasses to cheer before laughing.