Slytherin's true heir part 2

"C'mon Adeline! We can't be late!" Eliza was shouting from downstairs.

I grabbed Ribbon and ran down the stairs. I stoped by the picture in the hall. A young Eliza was smiling. And next to her, Caroline Riddle. I gave it a smile and put on my green cloak.

"Your mother would be proud. Now, we need to hurry." We walked into the living room and traveled by flewpouder to Diagon Alley before going to Kings Cross.

The summer had been long. Eliza had told me everything she knew and I had started to understand. We had visit one of Eliza's friends in Ireland and Wales and tried to do something fun. The news were filled with the coming war and deaths of innocent muggles. There was no doubt. A war was coming and everyone had to get ready.

"Don't forget to give this to Dumbledore." Eliza gave me a letter. "And if anything happens, contact me." I gave Eliza a hug and nodded.

"Thanks for everything." I said before walking on the train at platform 9 3/4.

I waved as the train started moving before making my way up yo the Slytherins. They were all sitting there. Liona, Frieda and Grace. I had to pass a few groups of people. I glanced at Draco as I passed him. He was looking straight forward and Pansy was leaning on his shoulder. I didn't dare to look at him. I couldn't help it, but I had been thinking about him all summer. He and his family had been in the magazines. His father was sent to Azkaban and there were so many pictures and stories about them attending the court, trying to get him out.

"Hi Radcliff!" Blaise said.
I gave him a smile and hurried to sit down next to Grace, a few seats away.

"Hey Adeline. Didn't know you were such a good friend of Zabini." Frieda whispered at me. I glanced over at their seats.

"Well, me neither." I said before I said hello to the others and we started to talk about the summer.

"Did you hear about the minster? They've hired a new one. Guess Fudge couldn't handle that he was wrong about Dumbledore and you-know-who." Grace said and laughed. But I just smiled.

"Have heard from my mother that muggles are dissapearing every day now. Wizards are found dead and they have spotted dementors outside of Azkaban." Liona said and looked around our seats. "They think his building his army."

I kept glancing over at the pale blonde hair half in front of me. What was he saying?

I didn't pay so much attention to what my friends were saying. I could hear Draco mumbling something.

"Hogwarts, what a pathetic excuse for a school." Draco was looking around the train and I hurried to look out the window.

The train stoped and we all got off. Except Draco.  I passed him quickly and followed the others towards the castle. When arriving, we had to be searched by Filch and a few other teachers. They had put up more security around the castle and I could feel just by that, that this would not be an easy year.

"I wonder what will happen this year. We will need a new teacher in Defence against the dark arts. And judging on the times now. We could really need a good one." Frieda said as we walked up the stairs to the great hall.

We sat down at the table and started the feast. We ate and laughed. The new students got sorted and Dumbledore welcomed the new teacher? Horace Slughorn, potion. We were all very chocked. But when he told us that Snape would be our teacher in defence against the dark arts, everyone from the Slytherin table roared.

"Yes!" Grace said stannding up and shouting at a boy close by.
"Finally!"

I was laughing at her but was also happy. I had grown to like Snape. It just took some time to understand him.

When we had finnished eating Dumbledore stod up to talk.

"Now as you know, each and every one of you was searched upon your arrival here tonight and you have the right to know why. Once there was a young man, who like you, sat in this very hall, walked this castle's corridors, slept under its roofs. He seemed to all the world a student like any other. His name: Tom Riddle" Murmuring erupts among the students. I looked down on my plate and felt my heart started to beat faster. I glanced up at Dumbledore and he looked at me.

"Today, of course, he's known all over the world by another name, which is why, as I stand looking out upon you all tonight, I'm reminded of a sobering fact: Every day, every hour, this very minute, perhaps, dark forces attempt to penetrate this castle's walls." Dumbledore made a pause and I could feel the bad feeling crawling up in my chest. 

"But in the end, our greatest weapon... is you." He looked at all of us and everyone sat quiet. "There's something to think about. Now off to bed, pip pip."

Everyone started talking and I hurried after the others down to the dungeons.

It felt nice walking into the Slytherin common room after such a long time. After knowing my family tree, it felt even more like home.

"Did you see Potter? His nose was bleeding and it looked broken. Someone woke up on the wrong side." Liona say and nod towards Draco as he enters the common room. He looked over at us and then hurried over to his friends grinning.

"He hit him?" I say and Liona nod.
"Who else? No-one hates Potter as much as Malfoy."

I agreed and looked over at him. His blonde hair hanging over his face and a big grin was seen on his face. But something felt different. He wasn't the same person as before summer. It looked as if something deep down was bothering him. Like a darkness had surrounded him that wasn't there before.

We walked up to our dorm and I think I fell asleep right away.

Next morning was our first classes. I had managed good grades in every class last year and even recieved an Exellent or two at my OWLs. But the Potions were over for me. I would put more energy into the D.A.D.A. and Runes. I didn't wanna fail my NEWTs. But now when Snape was gonna be our teacher in DA I was a little worried if he would give me as much homeworks now as last year.

Snape did go all in on his new job. He had redecorated the classroom and I could feel how proud he was of himself. Our first lesson was to learn about nonverbal spells. We were gonna cast jinx on people without saying them out loud. I had teamed up with Frieda. It was a bit hard at first but after a few times I had really got a hang on it.

"Well done miss Radcliff." Snape said as he walked past me.
 "Thank you. Professor." I said and felt how my smile grew bigger on my face.

Harry Potter and his friend Ron on the other hand had some struggles. Snape got in to help them and decided to face Potter. But Potter used some kind of chieldspell and sent Snape flying acroos the room.

It was nice having Snape teaching Dark arts. He was so intressted in it and you could see it in the way he teached. We needed someone who could really teach us how to defend ourself in a fight. It was dark times and everyone knew we had to be ready.