Part 3 chapter 2

I returned to the cottage just in time to meet Eliza at breakfast. She looked at my hand and carefully dragged me towards a corner of the room.

"Where have you been?" She whispers. Her eyes were scanning the room trying to see if any of the muggles were listening.

"Searching for answers. And I think I found some. We need to visit Loch Ness." I whisper back and try to hide my hand under my sweater.

Eliza looked into my eyes deeply and then nodded before we returned to the room to pack.

Loch Ness would not be too far away so we continued to use the muggle transports. Along with 30 muggles we reached the most famous look out over the lake.

I scanned the lake trying to see something that could show me that this was the right place to go.

Then I saw something further away at the end of the lake. Something was flashing on the shore.
I grabbed my bag and hurried towards it. Eliza hurried after. The muggles were far to occupied with the view and souvenir shop to care about us.

As I got closer I saw a small statue no larger than my hand. It was lying just where the water began. It was some form of tail covering a pearl, all in bronze. I reached down and touched it.

Eliza was a few metres behind me.
"Careful! You don't know what that is." I heard her say, but it was to late. The sand underneat my feet started moving. A crack in the ground made the sand fall towards it the waterlevel rose. The bronze tail on the statue started moving and folllwed the sand down into the crack that started to fill with water. I backed away and suddenly something emerged from the growing crack in front of me.

Eliza grabbed my arm and pushed me behind her. First came something that looked like a log and then it looked like a fallen tree. But then the water splashed and a massive snake rose up in the air. It was about 3 meters tall and the green skin was flashing in bronze and silver. The face was large but soft and the tounge was split in three.

"Why did you wake me" the snake said and reached down its head at our level almost touching Eliza's head.

"Back away! I can fight it." Eliza said and backed up to grab her wand.

"No!" I screamed. "Wait!"

I pushed away Eliza and walked up to the snake.

"Can you understand me?" I asked the snake and looked into its large yellow eyes.

"Silly girl. Why would I not? You speak parseltongue." The snake shook its head and I looked back at Eliza. She looked at me conserned.

"I'm sorry I woke you, sir. But we need your help." I said and showed with my hands that I did not mean any harm.

"Why would you need my help? Not many people can call on me. You must have found the blood of the old wizards. Or perhaps..." The snake spoke in a pitchy voice but the lowered his body and circle his head around me. "You speak excellent parseltongue for such a young girl. And the only known speakers were the decendants of Slytherin. Could it be?" The snake paused in front of me.

I looked at him an bowed.

"Adeline Radcliff. Daughter of Caroline Riddle. I am the youngest living decendant of Salazar Slytherin. Pleased to meet you." I said and the snake made a bow with his head.

"It's an honor. How may I help you. Adeline Slytherin?"

I tried to rememerr the words from the stones and the book my mother made.

"The world is turning darker by every day and I need to find a way to stop it. My mother thought there was somethig hidden in Loch Ness that could help her. She was searching for horocruxes." I said while looking out over the dark lake and the dark clouds covering the sky.