Part 3 Chapter 10

It was almost end of break and soon I would be returning to Hogwarts. I had tried to focus on my life with Eliza and positive things to prevent feeling down. It was just a normal evening in the living room when we suddenly saw a large dark cloud closing in. We heard screams from outside and a large yellow light. We both stood up from our seats before we heard a loud knock on our door. Eliza motioned for me to stay in the living room as she walked up to the door with her wand close by. I heard her open the door and a dark voice speaking.

"Good evening. We are here on ministry purposes. We suspect witches and wizards in this area are hiding criminals and mudbloods. We need to search your house and do a count of everyone staying here, madame." The dark voice said and I heard whoever it was push himself into the hallway. I stepped a few steps forward to see who it was. It was a large man all dressed in black who looked around the house and pointed his wand at suspicious objects and furnitures which caused them to break or fall down on the floor.

"Good evening miss. I need both of your names and occupations. This is an ordinary control. There is no need for panic or fight." He said and looked at me as he stepped into the living room, scanning the room for any intruders.

"I'm Eliza Winderwall and this is Adeline Radcliff. I'm her guardian, she is a seventh year student at Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry and I am unemployed at the moment." Eliza said and looked at the man as he walked over every inch of the house. He walked up the stairs and I could hear him moving things from the second floor. Eliza looked at me and I looked at her equally as worried.  Then he came walking down the stairs again, his dark robe swaying with every step.

"Miss Radcliff was it? One of Amycus Carrow's students?" He said and looked at me. I nodded surprisingly. "I think I've heard of you. You are a friend of Draco Malfoy I think. Mr Carrow has told me that he wants you to pursue the Dark Arts." He said and smirked at me. I didn't dare to answer. How could this man know about me? And if he knew, did that mean that other death eaters had been talking about me. I felt a chill run up my spine but remained silent. Eliza gave me a look of surplice. 

"Well, I think everything  is in control here then. I'm sorry about the trouble. We will find the criminals as soon as possible to prevent any more disturbance here in the future. Good evening to the both of you." The man said and walked back into the hallway again. Eliza followed him out and I heard as she closed the door behind him. I listened to the sound of her heels as she walked back towards the living room where I was standing.

"Amycus Carrow wishes you to pursue a career in the Dark Arts and you are hanging out with Draco Malfoy, son of the very famous death eater Lucius Malfoy? I think you have some explaining to do young lady." She said and stood in the doorway with her arms crossed. I sat down in the armchair and closed me eyes.

"It's not as bad as it sounds. I was asked to perform a curse in class and so I did. Carrow thought I had great skills and so he asked to me my mentor. I said no of course." I said and didn't look at Eliza. I heard her sit down opposite me.

"And Draco Malfoy?" She said in a cold voice. I took a loud breath.

"Yes I'm dating him. But I know what I'm doing." I said quickly to try and make Eliza calmer.

"Have you told him about your family? This is serious Adeline! That family is trouble and if he tells his father, you-know-who would hunt you down immediately. This is for your own safety." Eliza sounded worried and raised her voice at me.

"Of course I haven't told him anything. You and Dumbledore were the only ones who knew. I know what the truth would do to me or everyone around me and I don't want to get anyone into danger." I looked at Eliza and raised my voice back at her.