chapter 6 Dolores

My first lesson was potion with professor Snape. We had potion with Gryffindor and I followed Frieda and we sat down at one of the desks. Grace and Liona sat down behind us. Draco and Pansy smiled as they saw me and I gave them a small smile back.

Then came all the Gryffindors. I recogniced Harry Potter right as he walked into the room. Everyone started whispering and I glanzed over to see professor Snape's face as he looked at Potter.

We had a small test. We were gonna do a potion that I had never heard of. I took out my book and cauldron and started reading.

I re-read the instructions over and over looking at the ingredients in front of me.

"You better start doing something. Snape is looking at you." Frieda whispers without looking at me.

I glanze towards where Snape was standing and see him watching me with one of his dissapointed looks. Then he start walking towards the table where one of the Gryffindors were working.

I sigh and start pouring some things in my cauldron and try to follow the instructions as good as I can.

I look around to see that I wasn't the only one struggling.

After a long while of struggling and pouring things in and cutting things, Snape tell us that we soon should see a silver vapour. Was he kidding with me? All I could see was smoke and more smoke.

Snape walked over to Potter and started complaining on his portion. I heard Draco and his friends laughing. We all had to take some of the portion and hand it in before finishing of. The only one I saw who had a completed portion was one of the Gryffindors. I thing Frieda said her name was Hermione.

"Miss Radcliff!" Snape say as I am on my way out of the classroom. I turn around and walk over to his desk.
He was looking at me with his dark eyes.

"I hope you are not expecting me to judge you more special just because you're new." He say and take up my example of the potion. It was grey and had small peaces of I don't know what in it.

"I give you an essay to handle in on Thursday. And next time." Snape put down the example and gave it a wip with wand so that the contents vanished. "Read the instructions." He say and I give him a nod before walking out from the dungeons.

I met Frieda, Grace and Liona at the top of the stairs.
"What did he want?" Frieda say as we start walking towards the great hall for lunch.
"He gave me an essay. And vanished my potion." I say and Liona stop where she was standing. "He did what??" She say and look at me surpriced.

"He gave me an essay. My potion wasn't good enough." I say and they all look at me as if that was the most strange thing they ever heard.
"What?" I say as we walk in through the big doors and towards our table.

"Snape never give us slytherins any homework. Didn't you see Goyle's potion. That was about to explode any minute." Grace say in a low voice.

We sit down at the table and Frieda leans over so that not so many people could hear what she was saying.
"If it wasn't for the fact that he hates Potter I would almost believe he hates you. And he doesn't even know you, does he?" She say and they all look at me.

"No! I've never seen him before. Ever." I say and they all lean back to their plates and start putting on some pasties. But they were all looking really strange.

"Hey! Adeline!" Someone was shouting and I turned around to see Malfoy and his gang swaggering over towards us.

"If you ever feel like hanging with the higher class. Just tell me. You must be used to meeting the purest families in the wizarding world." Draco looked over at Frieda and gave a disgusted look.

"Shut your mouth Draco!" Frieda say and give an evil look towards Pansy who just stand there grinning.

"Well. Suit yourself! You know where we are if you want to get a change from the middle class." Malfoy say before they all walk away and sit down further away from us.

"What is wrong with him?" Grace say and shake her head as she glance over to where Malfoy and his friends were sitting.

"He seemed nice yesterday." I say and look over at Malfoy. He look back and give us a grin.

"He's just bragging about everything. His father works at the ministry and he can get everything he points his finger at. His family is one of the richest in the country." Liona say and take a bite of the chicken wing.

"You just don't know." Frieda say with a cold voice and shake her head. "Our families actually used to be friends. But when my father got fired from his job and we didn't have such a good income. The Malfoy's cut us out. We are basicly enemies now." She say and give a small laugh.

"If it's wasn't for them being in Slytherin I would kick their asses." Grace say and laugh as she shake her head. They all laugh and then return to the food.

"One thing you need to know when in Slytherin is that we are all brothers and sisters. We might hate eachother. But we will always be loyal to our housemates." Frieda say and I look around at the slytherin table. They did look scary. But not more scary than a few students at Durmstrang.

Next class was Defence against the dark arts. We all hurried into the class and found Dolores Umbridge standing at the front smiling at us. We found some seats and sat down taking out our wands and quills.

The room was filled with talking and it took a while before we could hear something throigh the speaking.

"Hum hum!" Dolores said in a high pitched voice and everyone turned their eyes to her.

"So? Good evening students." She said and gave one of her giggling smiles.

No answer.

"I said good evening!"she say and now a few of us muttered something and Dolores shoke her head but smiled at us.

"Now thay won't do. When I say good evening I want all of you to answer 'Good evening professor Umbridge." She say and look at all of us.

"Now, good evening!" She say and all of us said in a choir. "Good evening professor Umbridge!"

"Now when that is done I want all of you to put away your wands and ooen your books.

"Put away our wands?" I heard someone saying and everyone looked questioning at Umbridge.

"Yes! There is no need of a wand in this class. The ministry's order." She say and start writing on the black board.

"But how will we then be able to defend ourselves?" Another student say and everyone turn to look at Umbridge again. She kept on writing on the black board 'aims'.

When she was finished she turned around and looked at us with a smile as if she was talking to five year olds.

"My dear. First of all. If one wants to say something in this class. One raise the hand and I will let one speak. Second of all. What would you need to defend yourself against?" She say and walk up to her desk in the front and start looking through some papers.

"I don't know! All rumors about You-know-who maybe!" Pansy say and look around laughing. All her friends followed.

"What's your name miss?" Umbridge say and look at Pansy.

"Miss Pansy Parkinson, professor Umbridge." She say and grin at her friends.

"Next time miss Parkinson, raise your hand. And about the rumors. The are only rumors and the minister of magic sure knows what he's doing." Umbridge say and walk up in front of her desk.

"Now. Read the first chapter in the book will you?" She say and smile.

"Yes, professor Umbridge!" We all answered and put away our wands before starting to read the chapters.