part 2 chapter 13

They say that you can feel it in the air when a storm is coming. The air gets dry and a thickening feeling creeps up on you long before it even starts. I believe that was what happened. But we were all too focused on surviving the NEWTs that we didn't pay so much attention to it. But it was there, like a vail over our heads.

The spring had made its way to Hogwarts. Me and Draco had exchanged looks during classes and lunch and I was even surpriced nobody had noticed. Even Pansy, who clearly wasn't over Draco seemed to be unknowing. But we had not dared to speak or meet again. It was a bussy term after all. Draco was never at quidditch anymore and something seemed to keep him busy.

We had touched hands in a sudden while passing in the crowded corridors at some moments and the tension between us were stronger the more we hid it.

But something was dragging Draco away from reality and it was getting me worried. I hadn't had the chance to speak to him. His skin was pale as a ghost and he had a worried look in his eyes whenever I saw him.

One day we were sitting at the great hall studying. Blaise, Crabbe and Goyle were there as usual, but no sign of Draco.

"Are you there! Adeline! Anybody home?" It was Grace who was talking to me. I looked away from the doors and looked at her.

"Sorry! What did you say?" I said and tried focusing on what i was suposed to do. The NEWT yes that was it.

"The ingredients for a lovepotion? Do you know them? Professor Slughorn told us at the beginning of the term." Grace and the others looked at me.

"Uhm. Yeah...?" I heard the doors to the hall open and turned around. Draco came in. He looked scared and walked with his head down. Then he saw something and stoped. I tried to see what he was seeing and saw Potter speaking to someone at the other end. Was that Katie Bell? The giel who got cursed? They looked at Draco and he quickly turned around and hurried out of the hall.

"Adeline!" Grace was talking again.

Potter told Katie something before he too hurried out of the hall after Draco. I looked at their direction and then turned to the girls.

"What is it with you?" Grace said and looked at me as if I was kidding her.

"Is that Katie Bell? The cursed girl?" Liona says and they all turn to look.

"Yeah..." I look at doors and then the girls. "I'm sorry. I remember something Snape told me to do." I stood up and gathered my thing before running out of the great hall in the direction Draco and Potter had dissapeared.

I was almost bumping into professor Slughorn as I ran up the stairs.

"Oh! I'm sorry professor!" I said and gave him a smile.

"Miss Radcliff! Good I met you! I was actually wondering if you'd like to meet me for a talk later this afternoon. Is five O'clock alright?" He said and I just nodded.
"Yes that's alright sir. See you then." I said before continuing quickly down the corridors.

I saw Harry pass a corner at the end of the corridor and I hurry after. Groups of students passed me but my eyes were fixed on Potter. I needed to know what was going on. He hurried into the lavatories. I stoped a few steps away.

"I know what you did Malfoy!" Potter was shouting and then I heard shouts and crashing porsline. Then I saw a bright light and everything turned quiet. I ran up to the doors and looked inside. A saw a pair of legs in the 2 inch deep water covering the floor and turned around quickly. I recognised those legs. He was hurt. I saw professor Snape further away and ran towards him.

"Professor Snape! Come quickly! I think Draco is deepely hurt!" I said before running back towards the lavatories.

Snape ran before me and I walked behind him slowly into the bathroom. Draco was lying on the floor. Blood was streaming out from different parts of his body. I had to put my hand over my mouth not to scream. I shook my head and carefully ran up to him touching his shakeing hand. He was gripping mine. His white shirt was turning read and Harry Potter just stood beside him quite chocked.

"You should leave!" Snape told him and he ran out of there. Snape then turned to me. "So should you. And don't tell anyone what you saw miss Radcliff." I nodded and then saw how Snape draw his wand mumbling something at Draco.

"Is he gonna be alright?" I said worried and looked at Snape. He looked worried too.

"Yes, miss Radcliff. Luckily I know the right spell. But you must leave now. Draco needs to be taken care of." Snape didn't look away from Draco's body. I nodded and then turned around still chocked of what had happened. Slowly I let go of his fragile hand.

I walked out into the corridor and saw the back of Potter further away.

"Harry Potter!" I shouted and he stoped and turned around. He looked at me a bit scared and then ran off.

I ran after. I hit his left leg with a spell making him fall down a few steps infront of me.

"What do you want Radcliff?" He said as he looked at his leg then me.

"The question is what you want with Draco? You almost killed him! What has he done to you?" I said and my voice had grown louder than I had realised. My wand was pointing directly at him.

"What he has done to me?" He looked quite questioned by my question and then stood up. "The question should be why he is cursing Katie Bell?"

I look at him more chocked.

"Draco is a deatheater and I know it!" Potter's words took me by surprice and I stood there speechless as he ran away from me.

Draco is a deatheater. The words echoed in my head. But why?

Suddenly it all made sence to me. His father had gone to Azkaban at the end of last school year. Since then Draco had turned more pale and scared. He had given upp quidditch and seemed to be hiding something all the time. It made so much sence but I didn't want to believe it. Cause that would meen he and I would never be together again. It would be impossible. My grandfather, Voldemort, could not ruin my life. Nor Draco's. But what could I do?

I couldn't go back to the others after what happened so I returned to my dorm not aware that someone was following me.

I reached the commonroom and saw that it was empty. I put my hands on the back of the sofa and leaned on them with my head down. What was I supposed to do? Ask Draco? Talk to Dumbledore?

"Something tells me you're not as smart as you seem. Radcliff." I turned around and saw Blaise smirking behind me. He was holding a green apple in his hand that he with a firm rythm was throwing and catching.

"What's that supposed to mean, Zabini?" I said crossing my arms.

He smirked again and looked at the apple for a second, then looked at me again.

"You're playing with the wolf without knowing the risks." He said. Smiling at his metaphore. "I know what you and Draco are up to." He stoped playing with the apple.

"So what? Jelous?" I said laughing. But I sure knew that he shouldn't be played with. I had digged up things about his family that made me even more certain on my decision to break up our relation.

Blaise laughed. "You wish!" He pointed at me with the apple. "No. Just  making sure you know your chances." He let down his hand and smirked. "The Malfoy's might seem harmless to you. But just thought you were betting on the other side when you ditched me." He smirked and rurned around to walk away. But then he stoped just before the door and looked at me.

"But after all. With you're pureblood background, which I know you have, there is no doubt you'll end up on our side at the end." He grinned and took a bite of the apple before walking through the doorway and dissapear.