part 2 chapter 18

We woke up hearing turbulence from the common room. All of us sat up looking around. We heard distant smashes from the upper floors and we hurried to jump out of bed. Something was wrong. Without anyone of us saying a word we hurried to get dressed and get out to the others.

"Everyone stay calm untill we know what is going on!" One of the prefects shouted over the buzzing of people talking to eachother. The common room was crowded. Suddenly the people seemed to rush out through the doors. We looked at eachother and then hurried behind the snake of people moving up from the dungeons towards the higher floors. Other houses were awake aswell and they seemed to be heading towards the yard. The teachers followed aswell. I saw no sign of Snape. I looked around me to try and locate my friends.

"What is going on?" I whispered as we made our way out to the yard were people had formed a circle. "I don't know. But it doesn't feel good." Frieda whispered next to me as she hugged my arm. We looked up at the sky and saw a large skull spreading out across the cloudy nightsky. My heart skipped a beat. I looked around me trying to find out what was happening. We pushed our way through the crowd to the front. There, on the ground layed Dumbledore. Dead. I could feel my throat tighten and I had to grasp my mouth not to scream. I felt arms around me and felt Frieda's head on my back. The people around me all stood silent staring at Dumbledore's lifeless body. I looked around me trying to see who were there.

"Has anyone seen Draco?" I said while desperatly fighting through the crowd.

"Adeline! Wait. Stop!" It was Frieda who grabbed my arm to stop me.

"He's not here. He's gone. So is Snape." I couldn't take in her words.

I knew what it meant but didn't want to know. He could not be part of this. I looked up at the skull and then towards the corpse of the only person I knew could help me through what was coming. Draco could not be part of this act.

People were crying around me but I could only hear my own heartbeat.

Harry Potter came out on the yard walking up to the lifeless body and leaning down to touch it.

"I have to leave." I said before locating the best way to get out of this crowd.

"I can't be here." Grace and Liona had joined me and Frieda and they all looked at me shocked.

"What do you mean?" Grace said and looked at me.

"I can't stay here. This isn't safe anymore. He will come. He will find me." I said hearing the panic in my voice. I pushed away Frieda's hand and started walking through the crowd towards the corridors.

"What do you mean? Who will find you?" Liona said and they ran after me.

I stoped and faced them.

"Voldemort. He's coming for me. With Dumbledore dead, I need to leave." The girls stood almost paralized as I hurried to run away from the yard back towards the dorms. Through the windows I saw people pulling out their wands and pointing them towards the sky. It was like a see of stars taking farewell of one of the greatest men I had ever met. How would I make it through this. What was I supose to do now?

I rushed into the dorm starting to pack my most valuable things in a suitcase. I put on my mums old cloak and found Ribbon hiding under my bed.

"It's time for us to leave. Come here." I called and he slowly crawled out. I lift him up and grabbed my suitcase before taking a last look at the room. Would I ever return?

I half ran towards the big gates out of Hogwarts. I saw the lights from the yard and the skull above the castle slowly dissapeared from the sky. With everything going on I hoped the gates would be unguarded. But they were locked as usual so I stooed to think of other ways to get away from here. My eyes stoped at the forbidden forest.
I hesitated for a second before I started to run. Who knew what I could find. But I couldn't stay any longer. I was scared. But the adrenaline kept me going. I could hear a wolf cry in the distant and slowly I could no longer see the lights from the castle. I ran without looking back. At some moment I would get out of here. And then I just had to find Eliza.

Ribbon was curled up towards my cheast as I ran. The darkness around me made me unsure of the direction I was running. Suddenly I heard the sound of hooves and it forced me to stop. Out of the shadows came a large centaur. He looked down on me and I bowed for him to show I ment no harm.

"What is a student doing in the forest this late? Are you a deatheater or a fool?" He said pointing at me with a spear in his hand.

"Neither. Sir." I said and looked up at him with visible signs of panic.

"Albus Dumbledore is dead. I fear a war is coming and I need to find a way to stop it. I mean no harm. I only wish to leave this forest as quickly as possible." I said looking up at the centaur hoping he would be one of Dumbledore's many friends.

The centaur studied me for a moment.
"Could you possibly the girl I've heard prophecies about? Decendant from Slytherin with a mind of a dragon but heart of a lion. Who will bring us all together in the end?" He looked at me trying to see signs of what he was saying.

I stood with my mouth open unsure what to answer. Was that what Dumbledore had tried to tell me? My part in the final battle would be to bring everyone together?

"If that is so you do no good in running around alone here. The deatheaters are not far away and the creatures behind the trees are not all loyal to Dumbledore." He looked around and I heard another wolf cry out in the dark.

"Get on my back and I'll get you to the south edge. There you'll find a small village with possibilites to apparate." The centaur nodded to his back and I hurried to take walk up to him. He grabbed my bag and I jumped up on his back as quickly as I could.

He galloped away in full speed as I did my beat to hang on while holding Ribbon in one arm.

"How can I thank you? I don't even know your name." I said as he stopped and I got off. Lights from a small village was brmurning in a valley just outside of the forests end.

"I'm Magorian. Don't thank me. Just make sure you'll live up to your prophecy and return when the battle begins." He said and nodded at me.

"Thank you anyway. And how can you know I'm the one the prophecy is about?" I said grabbing my suitcase and looking up at his dark eyes shining fro the distant lights from the village.

"I know a chosen one when I see them. A pleasure helping you. Adeline Slytherin." He said and galloped away before I could say any more. I stood there taking in what he said for a moment. Adeline Slytherin. But then I remembered my mission and hurried out of the forest towards the lights. A sun was beginning to fights its way up at the horizon by now and I slowed down as I reached a small cabin in the outskirt of the village. I looked at Ribbon.

"Alright. Time to put my magic to the test. Hold on tight." I said and took a firm grip around the handle on the suitcase and closed my eyes. I had no room to hold a wand so I had to try without it. I pictured the living room at Magdalen crescent next to the fireplace. I consentrated and then felt the suction as I cast the apparition spell.

A second later I landed on the carpet in the familiar livingroom. Ribbon jumped out of my grip and started shaking of the feeling from the apparition. I touched myself trying to make sure I was whole. I had heard nightmares about apparitions gone wrong. But I was fine. A second later I heard footsteps running down the stairs and Eliza stoped in the doorway staring at me.

"Darling. What's happened? Why are you here?" She said worried and I let down the suitcase and breathed out. The tenshion in my body relaxed and I tried to explane through the tears.

Eliza ran up to hug me and I just shook my head.

"He's dead. He's dead and now he'll find me." I got out and Eliza rocked me sideways trying to calm me down.

"We need to leave. Now. Please. We're not safe." I said pushing her away and drying my tears trying to get myself together. I had no time to stand her crying. We had to run. Now.

"Please. Adeline. It's alright. You have a minute to calm down. You're in shock right now." She said trying to hold me again.

"No! It is not alright. He probabaly knows I exist by now. Dumbledore was the only one I knew could make sure it wouldn't get out and now he is dead. Anyone could get a hold of his information. They probably know I am here. We need to leave. Please. Come with me now." I said grabbing my suitcase and calling for Ribbon.

"Alright. Just give me a second. I know where we can go but I need some things and I have to inform the ministry of the death." She said. I traced around the livingroom while she went upstairs to get her things. I closed my eyes and tried breathing slowly. It was going to be alright.