chapter 10 everything changes

I would have liked to been able to say that everything was normal when we returned to Hogwarts, but it wasn't.

Umbridge hat put up more rules that we had to follow. She acted as if she was the head master of the school, which she wasn't.

I had brought my mothers cloak with me and was keeping it in the bottom of the trunk.

I met the girls in the great hall for the dinner. We were all talking about the christmas break and how wonderful it was.
I had decided not to tell them about the gift from Dumbledore. Eliza and I had agreed on keeping it a secret. If Dumbledore wanted it to stay secret, then she thought it was a good idea to keep it that way.

I looked up a the teachers table and smiled as I looked at dumbledore. He passed me with his look but did not change his expression. He was a very strange man, but if my mother had trusted him, then I would do the same.

I could see Draco and Pansy sit further away at the table. Pansy was laughing but Draco wasn't very interested.

"It's a little nice being back from the break after all. My sisters were killing me! Anyone who wants to swap for summer?" Liona say and we all laugh at her. I remembered her Christmas card where she was sitting in the middle of her family. Surrounded by three little sisters.

"You love them! You just haven't understand it yet." Grace say and smirk.

Being back from the break didn't mean less work. After the first potion lesson I already had homeworks for the next friday.

It was nice being back at Hogwarts. Ribbon liked it too.
But some things were not so nice.
Umbridge had started an inquisitorial squad. The inquisitorial squad were able to do just as they liked and take points from the houses if they thought it necessary. Of course the inquisitorial squad consisted of mostly Slytherins and of course Draco and Pansy was part of it. Umbridge's rules were just getting more and worse, and soon we wouldn't even be able to meet with our friends outside of class.

I think she was afraid that some students was planning to do some sort of meeting where they plan to fight the ministry. To be honest, that wouldn't be such a bad idea. I had started to really believe in the words of Harry Potter. the Durmstrang students had, so why shouldn't I?

The ministry was still denying that Voldemort was back. I didn't like to think of Cornelius Fudge as a coward and denier, but i guess I had to start seeing the truth. Umbridge had not let us use our wands in the DA for the entire year. And that had to mean that they were scared of something.

Our divination teacher was fired and Umbridge inquisitorial squad was controlling the hallways. Of course all the people in the inquisitor squad was Slytherins so we would never get in any trouble.

One morning we heard some news. Harry Potter and his friend had been found in the room of requirement. The called them selves Dumbledore's army and when the ministry where trying to put Dumbledore in Azkaban, he vanished. It had happened very quickly and it came as a chock. Dumbkedore leaving the school. Leaving his students. He had still not told me the secret.

Now Umbridge was named the headmaster and the rules she made had to be followed.

It was strange having Umbridge as Headmaster. I could see on all of the teacher that they dissliked it.

The Weasley twins, Fred and George were selling their latest inventions. Exploding fireworks. One day there was a huge firework display going of on one of the floors. When Umbridge came and tried to stun them, they exploded. The twins were laughing their heads off. The weeks after, Umbridge was sent to almost every classroom just to stop the fireworks going off in class.

The twins made it all funnier again. The school had not been as happy as when Dumbledore was headmaster. I knew they were Gryffindors, but when it came to keeping the school from crazy teachers, I couldn't hate them.

The OWLs were getting closer and soon I would have a mandatory career meeting with the head of the house, Snape.

I hadn't really thought about my career after Hogwarts. Maybe a professor or work at the ministry. There were so much to choose between.

We were sitting in the dorm discussing all the homeworks one night. Grace was almost freaking out just thinking about her future after Hogwarts. What were we ment to do?

"If one more person say something about OWLs or future, I will go mad!" Grace say holding her head and shaking it as if she didn't wanna hear.

I decided to read through the previous chapters from our History of magic book. I didn't wanna fail the exams and I thought the written exams would be hardest.

I went down in the common room and placed myself in one of the corners.
Ribbon had followed me down and sat by my feet purring.

If there was one subject I was nervous about, it was potion. We had not studied that much potion in Durmstrang so that was something new for me. But from all the homeworks I had got from professor Snape, I thought I could atleast get and A on it.

Then I heard the door to the common room open and a gang of people came in.

"Look hear! Ain't it Ms Durmstrang?" Pansy walked up to a seat close by me.

"Hello Pansy." I said not moving my eyes from my book.

"Never mind that! We're going to see what the Gryffindors are up to. Care to join?" She said while grinning at her friends.

"Sorry Pansy! Not today." I said and she gave me a bored look.

"Suit yourself." She said before leaving again with her friends.

Just as they had left came a boy into the common room. I had seen him before but never talked to him.

"Mind if I sit?" He say and I shake my head.

"Someone is worried about the OWLs?" He say and I nod. "I'm Zabini." He say and smile.
"I'm Adeline. I was transferred from durmstrang." I say and keep on scrabbling on my parchment.

"I know. I've heard about you." He say and lean back in his seat.
I look up at him suspicious.

"To be honest. You're the talk of the year. If you don't count Umbridge and Potter of course."

I gave him a half smile. I wasn't into the idea of being talked of. They didn't even know me.

"So? DA or Potion?" He say nodding at my parchment.
I sigh and lean back in my seat.

"Potion. Snape is killing me with all this homeworks." I say brushing the hair off my forehead.

"Snape giving you homework? Thought he only did that to Crabbe and Goyle." Zabini say and give out a small laugh.

"Guess It's just not my best subject." I say and Ribbon jumped up in my lap and I started to pet him.

Zabini looked at me for a moment.
"Heard rumors about you being a fosterkid. Truth or gossip?" He say looking at me curios.

"Truth." I say and look down on Ribbon who looked like he could fall asleep in my lap.

"So you have no information about your familytree or ancestors?" He said and I could feel him examine me.

"Only that my mother was a witch."

He gave a smirk and I looked at him. "Well then you're safe. Nobody who's mudblood has got into Slytherin. And halfblood isn't the worst either. After all. Our own head of house is one. And mark my word Radcliff. The orphane wizards usually turn out the greatest." He smiled and I could feel myself blushing a little.

"Well, I promised someone to meet up at the Great Hall. Inquisitorial squad stuff you know." He said standing up.

"I guess I'll see tou later, Radcliff!" He said and started walking towards the door.

"And remember what I said. Halfblood isn't that bad either."
Then he dissapeared out of the commonroom and I continued to do my work.

Well, I guess my secret of being an orphane was leaked. But the fact that my mother had a secret that only Dumbledore knew of would stay hidden much longer.