chapter 2, Diagon alley

Waking up at nr 11 Magdalen Crescent was like a dream. I could feel free walking down the stairs filled with moving pictures and not being afraid doing some magic reading. I had been with Eliza for a few weeks now and it was getting closer to september. I loved helping her with the dinner. She learned me how to charm the cutlery and dishes. Everything that Muggles did by themselves was here made with magic. Of course, students weren't allowed to do magic outside of school. So Eliza did the practical and I watched.

"Adeline!" Eliza shouted from downstairs. I looked at the time, half past eight. "I was thinking we could go to London today. It's a few things we need to get ready before you leave!" I rolled out of bed and started to get dressed. A few minutes later I sat at the dinnertable eating some bacon and scrambled eggs.

"I hope you like being here. I have never had so much company before and it's a bit hard to know how to act." Eliza say as she sit down at the seat next to me drinking a cup of tea.
She was wearing a blue shirt and a black penskirt. She looked beautiful and I couldn't believe she was a witch.

"No, I love it here. I have never been able to let my schoolbooks lay open in my room and now I can just do as I want." I say and eat the last bacon. She smile at me.

After breakfast we got ready and I stod waiting in the hallway.
"Adeline?" Eliza say and look outfrom the livingroom. "Are you ready?" She say and look at me.

"Yes." I say comfortable and look towards the door.

"Oh, I almost forgot. We are not taking the bus. We are taking the brooms. Or would you prefer the bus. It takes a bit longer but.." I shaked my head. "No! Deffinatly not. I just didn't know that we could." I say and start walking towards the livingroom. Eliza had put on a green robe and she looked at me. "It might be a bit cold. I can wait for you if you want to put on another sweater or a robe." She said and I looked at my shirt. Riding a broom would deffinatly be cold in this one so I ran up the stairs and started to throw out all the clothes from my cupboard. I found my old Durmstrang robe and hurried down. It might be a bit too hot with it but it was better than my usual sweater.
Eliza smiled at me when she saw my robe. The Durmstrang robes had fur and was more suitable for cold weather.

"I guess we need to buy you a new one before you start school." I smile and nodded. We walked out the backdoor and out to the garden.
Two brooms stod leaned to the housewall. Eliza grabbed them and handed me one.

I grabbed it and sat up.
"Just follow me and we won't be seen." She sad and we hit off from the ground. We took off and I followed behind Eliza past houses and cities. Down on the ground I could see small cars and people walking.

It felt so nice feeling the wind in my hair and the wooden broom in my hands. I had never thought about doing these stuffs outside of school. But things were about to change now and for once in my life it felt like I actually had found a decent home. A home where someone understood me.

It took a while to get to Diagon Alley but we found it after a while. We had to walk through The leaky cauldron and then we found a big street filled with witches and wizards walking in and out of stores.

"Now, what do we need first?" Eliza said and took out the paper I had got from Hogwarts.
She looked at me. "You already have a wand and Fudge gave me some of the books. So we only need a new robe, a new cauldron and a pet." She said and put down the paper in one of her pockets.

I couldn't stop looking at the street. It was filled with stores and people. And not muggles, wizards!

"I think we need to take you to Gringotts first. We can't buy anything without money." I followed Eliza along the streets. In one if the windows I could see books about Trolls and muggles and in another was about twelve different cauldrons.