chapter 9 christmas

Her office was a small room with pink walls filled with kittens.
She show me to a seat and then she sit down at her desk.
"Like a cup of tea?" She say and I shake my head.
"No thank you, I'm fine." I say and give her a smile. I felt a little uncomfortable with all the kittens.

She smile and giggle.
"So miss Radcliff? You are moved from Durmstrang?" She say and I nod.
"Yes professor. The ministry found a witch who could promise me to live with her. I've been living with muggles all my life before. But it's so hard to hide all the magic." I say and laugh. I remembered once when I was practising a spell in my room and I accidentally burned up my cupboard.

"Is it so? Yes miss Radcliff good they found someone then." She say and doesn't sound at all pleased. "I just needed to check with you miss Radcliff if you feel welcome her. I am very well aware that the teachers here are not all very classified as real teachers. I just want you to know that if you hear or see something you can just come and visit me." She say and giggle.

"Okay professor." I say and look at her scary smile.

"Now you may go." She say and I stand up and walk out her door.

I hurried back down to the commonroom and ran into my dormitory.

"Hey!" Frieda say as I throw myself down on the bed. Ribbon jumps up on my stomach and curl into a ball. I stair into the ceiling.

"I just had a chat with professor Umbridge." I say and curl my eyebrows.

"Really? How was it like?" Grace say and jumps up from her bed.

"I don't really know." I say and laugh. "She is just so strange. Really weird! And her office, Oh god! You don't wanna go in there!" I say and shake my head as I strike Ribbon on the back.

"Tell me about it!" Liona say and comes into our dormitory. "Were there two weeks ago. Those kittens still haunt me in my sleep."

◇◇◇◇◇ ◇◇◇◇◇

The snow had covered the entire Hogwarts grounds and it was the days before we would go home for christmas. I couldn't believe how fast a semster went.

The Great Hall was filled with delicious dishes and everyone was cheering.

"Going home for Christmas?" One of the Slytherin boys ask as we sit at our table.

"Yeah! First christmas in a wizard family." I say and smile.

Everyone was talking about what they would do on their holiday and everyone was happy. One person that strangely hadn't said a word to me since the night in the commonroom was Draco Malfoy. I could catch him staring at me a few times but he never stoped to talk to me anymore. It was actually kind if nice. Frieda and him was of course not so very good friends so I guess it was nice for her if I didn't talk so much to him. And he only wanted to hang around me for being a pure blood, I didn't even know myself what I was. I could be muggleborn as well. And if he treated people from less pureblooded families as bad as he treated Griffindors, then I might be happy for not being his friend.

"I just hope nothing has changed as we come back." Liona say as we have finished eating.

"What could change?" Grace ask and look around. Liona look over at professor Umbridge.

"Right." We all said and saw as Dolores giggled as she looked towards us.

Something told me that the years at Hogwarts would be much nicer then the years at Durmstrang, but also even worse. I needed to know what Dumbledore knew about my parents. Next time I would get a chance I would ask him and demand him to answer.