part 2 chapter 16

The week for the NEWT's were here and monday would start with History of magic. The exam would take place at 12 and end in time for dinner.

I put on my robes and hurried away for breakfast. The others had already left. I stoped in the commonroom as I met Draco comming from the boys dorms. The commonroom had some other people in it but I didn't care about that.

"Hello!" I said quiet and walked up behind the collums to meet him.
"Hey Radcliff." He said and leaned on the collum. He still looked a little rough. But who wouldn't after what he had been through?
"How are you?" I said and looked at him. He looked around and took a breath.

"Seen better days." He said and I smiled. He was trying to smile.

"Going to the NEWT's?" I asked and he nodded.
"Yes. Can't mess up my grades after all." He said and smirked.

"That's right. I'll walk you." I said and held out my arm so that he could support on me if he needed. He gave a quick smile and took my arm but keept his posture high.

"Thank you by the way." He said it quiet as if he was ashamed of it. "For getting help." I smiled quickly and we  walked the corridor away from the common room.

"There was something I needed to talk to you about." I said after a minutes silence. "But I don't know how."

"Go on then." He said and straigtened his back. I guess he still had some pain.

"Potter was telling me something after that accident. About you. And your connections..." i said carefully and almost regreted it after letting it slip out. His body turned hard and cold. I had said something bad. Hurt a bad spot.

"You shouldn't listen to Potter. He's a big fat liar. That filthy little squib of a wizard should mind his own business." Draco said and let go of my arm. He stoped and I could see his cheast raise and fall. He was mad.

"Sorry. It's just so strange everything and I think there are secrets you have that might actually hurt you." I said but he didn't look at me. Instead he fixed his robe and looked at the end of the corridor. He grinned.

"You know? I thought you were different Radcliff. But turns out you're just as shitty of a person as Potter." He said and turned to stare right into my eyes on the last words. He looked so mad but his eyes told me something else too. The words hurted me and chocked me.

"Huh? Shitty person? Do you really wanna start such a conversation?" I said and raised my eyebrows.

"It was you're idea to bring it up. Acting so innocent. Pretending you're so careing about peoples rights and emotions when in fact. Your just as bad as everyone else. Judging and proud, wanting everyone to come to you with their problems." He raised his arms pointing it at me and almost spitting out the words.

"Oh? You think so? Well, Hello mr posh, none emotional, psycho. Acting like a real shit. Doing one thing while meaning another." My voice grew louder and I took a step closer staring into his eyes. "I'm not the one acting all strange. Sneaking of, quitting quidditch, getting dueled in the lavatories!"

He looked at me with dissgrace, anger and a little fear in his eyes. His face and lips were just centimeters from mine. Then he backed away. Turning away to calm himself before looking at me again.

"You know what? I am not the one to blame for acting weird! You sneaking of to the headmaster, transfering from Durmstrang, acting all strange about your unknown family when we all know you are a pureblood, pretending you don't know it yourself. Just grow up Radcliff! You can't control your own life and you can never control me!" He stared at me in anger before walking with heavy but quick steps away through the corridor. I stod there quiet, looking down on the floor trying to calm down. I was so mad at him. I could have screamed. Then I looked around me. A big crowd had formed at both ends of the corridor. I sighed and took a big breath before walking towards the great hall. I had NEWT's waiting.

"Adeline?" It was Liona's voice. I looked quickly behind me to se Grace, Frieda and Liona walking quickly behind me to try and catch up.

"Wow! What's happened? You look like you're about to kill someone." Grace said as she had reached up beside me.

"Don't say anything! We've got NEWT's waiting and I need to focus." I said while continuing to walk quickly and angry towards the exam.

The NEWT's went alright. I had seated myself as far away from Draco as possible to try and keep focused.

My friends had not dared to talk to me after and I couldn't talk yet eather. All I needed was a nice dinner and some sleep.

"He's such an idiot!" I said after finnishing my dinner. They all looked at me but didn't answer. "He's so afraid to tell the truth that he has to let it out on me." I took an apple from Grace's plate and took a large bite.
"He's not worth it. Blaise did tell the truth which is more than I can say about Draco. Such a snake. Acting all careing and understanding but when it comes to his feelings it's like you're awaken a sleeping bear. What is he hiding?" They looked at eachother and then me.

"That was my apple you know." Grace said carefully and looked at the others for help.

I took another bite and then looked at it.

"I'm sorry Grace. Here!" I said putting it back on her plate.

"Well, I'm not gonna say we didn't warn you. We never really liked Draco." Liona said and looked at Frieda to say something smart.

"She's right. But maybe it is something you can't change about him. His family is one of the richest in the country and with so much power comes dark secrets." Frieda looked at me and then glanced over at Draco and his friends.

"Well, whatever problem he has he can atleast tell me he has them." I said rolling my eyes. "Can you believe it? He said I was as shitty of a person as every one else and that I can't control my own life! He even brought up my parents and my time at Durmstrang as an excuse for his actions! Such a posh rat!" I sat squashing a bread roll in my hand. "He even called me proud and prejudiced!" I pointed with the hand i was squeezing the bread roll in. "Well, I can tell that mr posh pigface that I indeed have a messy life with some secrets too, but I DO NOT walk around blaming my friends for those actions! And absolutly NOT compare them to ones enemies! And who is he to call me proud! If someone is stuck up on his pride it's him!" I let down the mashed and tortured bread roll on my plate and stood up from my seat.

"If you'll excuse me, I have NEWT's to prepare for and my prejudice and pride to deal with!" I stepped over the bench and walked with confident steps out of the great hall and hurried back to the dormitories.

I was gonna show him. He was not worth my time but I needed to show him how messed up I could be. I had secrets for many people but none that would hurt myself. And when it came to prejudice I was the one who saw him for something else!

I started throwing out stuff from my coffin by the bed and found the letters from my parents. It only made me more angry. This was so much deeper than a quirrel between two people. If he was who I most deffinatley believed now, he could be a danger to me and the school. And it would be up to me to stop it or embrase it in the end. But I could never be on the deatheaters side. They kill innocent people and have a whole other view on life than I would ever have. I just thought Draco was different than that. He had seen and cared for me and asked nothing in return. Sure I wanted to know the truth but that was to save him as he had saved me.
Who were he to talk to me like he had? I, Adeline Radcliff was a Slytherin, a former Durmstrang, descendant of Salazar Slytherin and the granddaughter of Lord Voldemort. Nobody were to mess with me without problems!