part 2 chapter 10

The corridors were empty and I took my time trying to stay away from the party. Ribbon was sitting in one of the windows. I sat down beside him and brushed his back.

"I guess we both like the empty corridors better. Huh?" I said and he got up and knocked his head to my arm. "Yes. We're not much of the social people I guess. Found anything interesting during your walks?" I said as I brushed her back. "Who am I kidding. I shouldn't be talking to you. I should go back. Shouldn't I?" I looked at the direction of the party.

"Miss Radcliff! Are you not enjoying the party?" Professor Snape came around a corner surprising me.

"Oh! Professor. I didn't hear you coming." I said and Ribbon jumped down and hurried away. "No I only needed some air. It's very crowded in there." I said and stod up from my seat to return.

"Well it's a good thing I met you. The head master asked me to wish you a marry christmas. He had to leave in a hurry." Snape said and couldn't look more bored.

"Thank you sir." I said. "I think I should return now. But have a great holiday you too." I said and hurried away.

"There you are!" Blaise said as I returned. "Almost sent the twins to look for you." He laughed as he looked around the room.

"Met Snape on the way. So I got a little late." I said and looked for an escape.

"Maybe we should move over there? So many people here." He said and pointed towards the corner of the room.

"Well." I didn't have time to finnish my sentence before we were standing in the corner.

"You know, I've wanted to speak to you more. But your... friends always seems to be arojnd and we never get the chance to be alone that much." He said and glanced up. I hurried to look for a way out. I didn't wanna hear what he was gonna say. I could only guess.

"When I heard you were a durmstrang student, I knew you were special. Nobody here truly knows and appreciate the old fashioned way of teaching magic. But then you came. My mother would very much like to hear about you. Knowing you got into Slytherin I am sure she could help you  find some connections that could help you after your time here at Hogwarts." Now I was actually starting to listen to what he was saying. Connections?

"What kind of connections?" I said and turned to look at him. He grinned.

"Well. Let's just say they can help create a better future." He said and I got a feeling ittching inside me. Was he talking about the so called death eaters?

"But lets go back to us. I knew when I met you that I needed to get to know you. We would be the ultimate couple. An intelligent Slytherin who is part of the most intelligent and wealthy group in the school. And you, a former durmstrang whit a most interesting and mysterious history that nobody knows off. We could make wonders Adeline." He was grinning and staring into my eyes.  I stod there just looking at him with open mouth. Then he looked up and smirked. "Guess it must be fate."

Before I even had time to stop him he was kissing me. I was so shocked that it took some seconds before I pushed him away.

"Sorry. I just realised this isn't right." I said and looked down on the floor trying to find some words. "You need to find a new person to fit into your future plans. I don't think you actually know what you're saying to me right now. I could have ended up in any house. Just because I ended up in Slytherin and came from Durmstrang doesn't mean I'm perfect. Sorry Blaise." I looked at him with a twirled face and then turned around and left. I was shakeing my head and laughing to myself as I walked towards the direction of the dungeon. I was so lost in my thoughts that I crashed into someone standing just at the exit. I heard crashing of a plate and looked around.

"Sorry. I'll help you." I said and leaned down to help pick up the appetizers that had fallen on the floor. The boy looked very nervous.

"Neville? Wasn't it? Hi!" I said and the boy looked at me.

"Oh hi." He said and stod up.

"What are you doing here? Are you a waiter?" I say and he look around before answering that he had to help with some appeticers.

"I actually thought you and I would become good friends after the first day last year. But things change I see. Prejudice and pride seem to be what this school runs on." I say and laugh to myself. "Don't bother answering that. We're the rivals. I think I'm starting to understand how all this works now. Have a great evening Neville. And a great life too. Have a feeling this rivalery is getting stronger." I smiled and continued my walk towards the dungeons.

All this was just so stupid. Blaise was a great guy. He was, but just not for the right reason. Had he really ment everything he had said before or was it all because of how perfect we would be as a couple? Nevermind. I was already over him anyway. I think I needed a break. Good think it was christmas soon. Couldn't wait to go back to Eliza, the one person I knew didn't  treat me any different based on my history or present.

For some reason I felt happy and confident. I was done with surprices. No more secrets around my family. No more truble with guys and no more home works. This was actually a great evening. Brilliant actually.

I can smiling into the dorm and all eyes turned towards me.

"She's smiling. He must have been an extremely great kisser. Ah how I wish I'd been there." Grace said and sighed.

"Just look at that smile. Do I even have to ask how your evening was?" Frieda say and put away her book.

I just laugh to myself and sit down on the bed.

"It was brilliant. Just extremly great!" I said and threw myself backwards on the bed.

"So? Did he kiss you under the mistletoe?" Liona said and I laughed.

"Yes he did. But I left him." I said and it turned quiet.

"What? I don't think we understand." Frieda said and i leaned on the back of my arms to see them.

"I left. He's just so extremely stupid actually." I smirk again. "Can't believe I didn't realised it earlier. Could have saved him that kiss."

"Wait. So you two are not together?" Liona said and i shoke my head.

"No way! He just needed someone interesting with a pureblood background. Being from Durmstrang and in Slytherin seemed to be his first choice." I said and started to undo my hair.

"I... can't believe it." Grace finally ooened her mouth. She had been sitting in silence just staring at me.
"But he's so perfect."

"Not for me. He's free if you want him." I say and she just stare right infront of her.

"But we thought you liked him!" Frieda said and I laughed.

"At first, I thought so too. But honestly. I think I only liked how he could talk about my foster-background like something good. But I know better than that now. He was just an attention seeker who needed someone to make him even more interresting." I said and unbraided the last braid in my hair.

"So predictable! Just like Malfoy." Frieda said and shock her head before returning to her book.

"Why'd you say that?" I said and stoped what I was doing.
Frieda looked at me surpriced.

"Malfoy? Why'd you think he is dropoing out of quidditch and breaking up with Pansy? He needs attention. Just like every rich spoiled kid." Liona say and take a deep breath.
"I guess I am lucky to not be spoiled. Though I would like those tailored uniforms." She said and laugh.

"Wait? Did you say he broke up with Pansy?" I said and tried to awoid eyecontact with any of them.

"Yeah. Just before the party started. Can't believe why though. Hate them both but they were kind of ment for eachother. Both mean, posh and arrogant." Liona said and I looked towards the window. 

"Yeah. I guess."