Part 3 chapter 1

The summer was unexpectedly hot but a wind of change made the hair in the neck curl. The radio told of missing people and killed muggles. The schoolyear had ended and all the students had gone back home. But some faced difficulties as they returned to mugglefamilies while trying to act as if everything was alright.  Some had even left their parents to keep them safe. The cottage in Norway had felt safe for atleast the first month. I had found more books hidden in the walls of the cottage. Eliza had helped me find them. I had tried to date all the papers I found to try and see when things happened and what my parents had done Before their Death. But it all ended with the note about her leaving for Inverness.

"I am sorry I can't tell you anything. I know your mother was very focused on stopping her father, but she never told me any details." Eliza said as we spent a day dissarming the spells set on the parchments.

"No matter how much I try to find out it shows that Everything ended in Inverness. If they even got there." I said and grabbed the first book I had found again. I touched the old leather and opened it again. The enchanted Pictures were watching me. I took up the Picture of Tom Riddle. His dark Brown Eyes and grinning smile. I watched it trying to Picture what kind of man or creature I would have to fight to stop him. He was after all my family. If he had the ability to start a war, I would probably have the ability to end one. Hopefully.

"I Think I have to go there. Inverness. If I shoud continue my parents work I need to know what they did there." I said and looked up from the Picture. Eliza looked at me conserned.

"Are you sure you want to do this? It had your parents killed. I don't want to see you getting hurt when I promised them to take care of you." She started to roll together some of the papers that were scattered over the table.

"I know. But if I don't try I will feel as if they died in vain." I closed the book and stood up. I put the book under my arm. "I Think I should leave the first thing tomorrow. There is no time to loose."

"Don't Think you'll be going alone. I will pack a bag to bring. I Think your father kept a tent somewhere around here. " She said and began to search the house.

I spent the day trying to write a letter to my friends to explain my departure but I knew I wouldn't be able to send it because of the ministry probably tracing every letters sent.

That evening we had Everything packed. We decided to take the muggletransports. It would take longer, but we would blend in with the muggles and hopefully be unnoticed by deatheaters. The boatride over to Britain was long. Tourists were lauhing and enjoying their holidays. But we both knew the darkness that roamed the World.

As the boat stoped we decided to stay at a B&B over night. The small Town was packed with Tourists but we managed to get a room in a house at the edge of Town. The lady who owned the Place showed us to a small room upstairs and then showed us downstairs to the pub where they were making dinner. We did our best trying to fit in with the muggles. Somehow it felt like we were watching a moving picture but not really being part of it. We ate the dinner in silence since we didn't know what we would dare to say around muggles.

When the house had gone to sleep we decided to go out and search for a safe spot to use magic. The hills not far from the Town seemed safe. I had brought the books with me from Norway just so I could return to the letters and notes that my mother had written. It was still a long way to Inverness but we had to travel carefully. Eliza took out a radio and waved her wand to it. The wizard radio was broadcasting every hour of the day.

"A new list of missing wizards and witches has arrived today and there are still no sign of the previous missing ones."

The list of names were long. Among one of them were Liona's older sister. We sat in the grass listening to the broadcast. Nothing that was said sounded the least positive and the longer we listened the more depressed I felt. We decided to call it a night and continue our journey tomorrow morning at dawn.