chapter 8 Quidditch

At dinner I told the girls everything Dumbledore had told me. They looked just as chocked as I.

"You mean he knew your parents?" Liona say with a surpriced look.

"I don't know. It was as if he was talking in riddles. and when I asked him he just said something even more weird and then left." I say shaking my head.

"But I can feel he knows alot more than he told me. I just need to find out about it. I just have to!" I say and look up at the staff table where Dumbledore was sitting just innocent as usual.

After dinner I decided to write to Eliza. I sat down at the desk in my dormitory and started writing.

Dear Eliza,
Sorry I didn't write sooner. So much has been happening lately. The sorting went well and I am in Slytherin. Though It feels like professor Snape isn't so fond of me being here I keep my head high and try to do my best in class. About professor Umbridge, she is a bit strange but I guess she could be nice if I got to know her. She doesn't let us use our wands in class though and that is a problem because it's hard to learn by just reading in a book. But I won't complain. She should know what she's doing. I talked to Dumbledore this evening and I was a bit concerned. He started mentioning my mother and I feel like he knows alot more about my parents than anyone else I've talked to. But never mind. He seems a bit up in the blue sometimes and maybe he just thought about something else. Everything is perfect here and I feel like home already, though I miss cooking with you.

Take care,
Adeline

I folded the parchment and put it in an envelope before walking away to try and find the owlery. I heard it was placed in one if the towers.

I met Frieda on the way out and she stoped as she saw me.
"Are you coming to see the tryouts?" She say as we meat.

"Tryouts?" I say and she smile.
"Yes! For the quiddich team. They will start in fifteen minutes down at the pitch."she say and I open my mouth.

"Sure! I just need to send a letter first. Can i meat you at the pitch?" I say and she nod.

"Sure! See ya!" She say before hurrying away to the dormitories.

It had started to get cold so I had put on one of my warm sweaters and a scarf. It was windy up at the owlery and I hugged the sweater closer to me.

"Hello!" I say and look at all the owls sitting and watching me. I walked up to the closest one and gave it my letter. Then I watched as it flew away out the window before I hurried down the tower towards the quidditch pitch.

I walked up to where Frieda and the other girls were sitting.

"Bet Gryffindor will have a hard time beating us this year. Potter was sent to detention with professor Umbridge and wasn't allowed to go to the tryouts. Saw their new leader getting all upset and angry on him the other day. Even heard Ron Weasley is gonna try out." Frieda say as I sit down next to her.

"So Potter is in the team?" I ask and lookdown at the ground where a few slytherin students were standing with their brooms in their hands.

"Yeah. Seeker. Same as Malfoy." Grace say and look up from behind Liona's shoulder.

"Draco's a seeker?" I ask looking down trying to recognice anyone down there. I saw Draco, Crabbe and Goyle talking to eachother.

"Yeah! His father pays for all the new brooms. One of the good things having a rich kid in the team." Frieda say and grin.

The try out started and to be honest, they were not the best team I had seen. But after all, I had went to the same school as Viktor Krum, one of the worlds best seeker.