Thor Odinson x Reader - Arranged Marriage p1

Y/N's P.O.V.

"You understand how this is going to work, don't you, Princess Y/N?" My mother's advisor asked calmly and I nodded. Of course I understood, I had been preparing for this my whole life.
"Tonight you will attend the feast in Asgard, where you will meet the Prince. Your things have already been moved to Asgard and you will spend the next year there, by Prince's side. If all goes well, at the end of the year, the two of you shall be wed."

"Yes, I understand." I nodded, looking at the ballgown that had been left out for me to wear.

"I'll leave you to get ready. Once you are done, we leave for Asgard." He left and several handmaidens cane in, ushering me towards the bath they had prepared.
I was a princess of one of the nine realms and almost no one knew I existed, no one in my realm anyway. Being Princess of Midgard, I had never left, however I at least knew what my future husband looked like. I had seen him on the TV. He was Thor. An Avenger. Everyone on Midgard knew who he was.
I wasn't a very traditional princess. I liked Midgard as it was, I liked the clothing and their technology and my mother hated that I liked it so much.

"Your highness?" One of the handmaidens asked and I zoned back in, before realising she was trying to help me out of the bath.
The handmaidens helped me dress and they did my hair, the whole time I just stayed quiet, lost in my thoughts.

"Your highness are you quite alright? You're never this quiet unless something is wrong." I laughed lightly at the comment, staring at my reflection in the mirror.
I looked beautiful, but I'd much rather be in a pair of jeans.

"I'm fine, Flora. It's just a big day for me, I have a lot on my mind." She nodded her head and I stood up from my chair as the doors opened and my mother came in.
"Mother." I bowed my head to the Queen of Midgard and she tripped forward, lifting my chin up.

"If only your father could see you now." She smiled sadly.
"My daughter you look-"

"Uncomfortable?" I joked.
"Kinda sleepy, definitely hungry." She scowled at me.
"I jest, mother."

"You look like a Queen." She continued.
"And soon you will be one. Queen of the realm eternal."

"Let's not get ahead of ourselves." I muttered.
"I actually have to like him if this is going to work out. And he has to like me, so..."

"You're going to make this work." She spoke firmly and I straightened up when I heard the threat in her tone.
"You don't want to disappoint me, do you?"

"Of course not, mother."

~

I hated every minute of this.
The feast had started and there was no sign of Thor. Instead, I was left talking to his friends and brother.
Sif seemed to hate me from the moment I had arrived, Hogun had been silent the whole time, Volstagg could barely speak a whole sentence without filling his mouth with food and Fandral hadn't stopped Flirting. Loki refused to even look at me and he definitely didn't speak. It was probably for the best. He knew who I was and he probably knew my anger towards him after he tried to bring a war to my realm.

"So, your highness-" The doors burst open, revealing Thor and a struggling creature wrapped in chains. The hall fell silent as Thor dragged the creature in, before dropping it on the ground. It was a Bilgelsnipe, maybe. I had never seen anything like it, but I hated the way it was struggling and clearly injured. Thor dropped its chain and put his hammer on top of it, stepping forward.

"Father! I caught the beast terrorising the lower town!" Thor stated proudly, but after his father sighed, not seeming amused, Thor seemed to realise something was wrong.

"Look around, you moron." Loki spoke.
"I reminded you yesterday-"

"Oh no." Thor mumbled and his eyes fell onto me. I looked down at the table awkwardly.
"Guards, take the creature somewhere and kill it."

"No!" I protested suddenly, all eyes turning to me as I stood up. I could feel my mother's glare on me as I moved towards Thor, but I didn't care.
"No one is to hurt her."

"Princess Y/N, I deeply apologise..." Thor trailed off when I walked right past him and kneeled next to the struggling creature. I hesitated, before reaching my hand out, mumbles going around the room, before Thor grabbed my wrist.
"I don't advise touching it. It is a beast that will not hesitate to hurt you."

"You're in no position to advise me of anything, you showed up late to a banquet held in your honour, dragging an injured animal around like a prize." I pulled my wrist away from him.
"She's only young. I know what I'm doing." That was a small lie, but I wasn't going to let anyone hurt the poor animal. I lightly touched the Bilgelsnipe's head and she instantly calmed her struggling. 
"Shh, it's okay." I mumbled and she closed her eyes.

"You calmed it. How?" Thor asked, shocked.

"I'm the Goddess of Animals and Nature. It's not difficult." I muttered and looked back to the Bilgelsnipe, keeping my hand on her as I moved to look at the injuries.

"What would you advise that we do with it?" The Allfather asked, causing me to look back at him.
"It has dealt a great deal of damage to parts of Asgard and even injured my people."

"She was scared." I replied, putting emphasis on the pronoun. Bilgelsnipe or not, she was a living thing and deserved even a small amount respect, no matter what she had done.
"If we release her somewhere- somewhere far from the towns, it is highly unlikely she will return. There is no need to hurt her any more." Odin almost seemed pleased with my answer.
"Allfather, if you'd allow me, I'd like to take her myself."

"Very well." Odin nodded and I let out a small breath.
"But allow my son Thor to accompany you." It wasn't a request. I bowed my head and without even thinking, I picked up the hammer and handed it to Thor, the look on his face somewhere between shocked and amazed. I ignored him, leading the creature out of the hall.

"You just..." Thor was at a loss for words as we made it out into the cool Asgardian night.

"I just what?" I asked, releasing the young Bingelsnipe from the chains. She didn't panic or run, instead, she simply stayed by my side. I took this as my opportunity to properly assess her wounds. Nothing serious, nothing that couldn't heal itself.

"Mjölnir... you're worthy." He whispered.
"You can hold my hammer, you'll make a fine Queen."

"I can do a lot of things, but right now I can't keep the Bilgelsnipe calm and navigate Asgard, so lead the way..."