Thor Odinson x Reader - Arranged Marriage p3

Y/N's P.O.V.

Somehow, Thor and I had ended up staying with the Avengers, but I didn't mind. I was just happy to be back in my home realm. Plus, Earth had something Asgard didn't. Ice cream.

"I've never seen anyone look graceful whilst shovelling ice cream into their mouth. That's impressive." Natasha laughed and I put down the, now empty, tub, before wiping my mouth.

"They don't have it on Asgard." I smiled sheepishly, looking down at the dress I was wearing. Tony was throwing a party, something he apparently did very often, and Natasha had insisted we get ready together.
"They don't have a lot of things on Asgard."

"Glad to be back?" She asked and I nodded.
"So what's going on with you and Thor?"

"What do you mean?" I asked and she sighed.

"You guys are cute together, but then a few hours later, he's avoiding you like the plague and you look miserable, no offence." I laughed a little and she sat next to me on the bed.
"Want to tell me what's going on?"

"I wish I knew." I sighed.
"Loki advised me to talk to him about it, but I have no idea where to start. I really like him and I think he likes me, but sometimes it's as if he wants nothing to do with me."

"Maybe this party is a good way to clear things up between the two of you?" She looked at me with a small smile.
"We can go down there now and you can try to talk to him and if you get stuck or need a way out of the conversation, I won't be too far away."

"Really?" I asked and she grinned at me.

"Us girls have got to look after each other, right?" I nodded my head and she stood up.
"Come on, we should get going before they send a search party to look for us." I nodded, following her out of the bedroom and towards the elevator.

"Ladies." Steve smiled as we stepped into the elevator.

"Boys." Natasha smirked and I laughed a little. Steve held out his arm for me and I smiled, taking it. When we arrived at the party, there were more people than I was expecting and without thinking, I tightened my hold on Steve's arm.

"You alright?" He asked softly and I nodded, plastering on a fake smile. The four of us walked over to the bar and got drinks, although I knew I wouldn't get drunk off of anything they had to offer.

"There's your man, Y/N." Nat nodded across the room to where Thor was speaking with Tony.
"Go get him. I'll be close enough for you to signal if you need a quick escape." She winked and the two boys looked confused.

"Thank you." I smiled at her, placing my drink down, before walking over. I took a breath, before taking the final steps towards the pair, but before I could say anything, Tony looked at me and his jaw dropped.
"You host excellent parties, Tony. This is nothing like what I anticipated." Thor looked at me and just like Tony, a look of shock crossed his features and I suddenly felt very self conscious.
"Uh- Thor, may I speak to you for a moment?"

"Yes- yeah. Of course, my lady." His cheeks dusted with pink. He was embarrassed. Embarrassed to be with me, perhaps?
Tony wasn't saying anything, which concerned me. He was usually saying something, even if no one was listening.
Thor led me over to the side of the room, which was less populated than the main area of the party.
"Y/N, I must say, you look stunning in Midgardian attire. That dress suits you perfectly. Almost as if it was made for you." It was made for me, by my personal tailor that lived in the hidden palace I called home, but I needn't tell Thor that.

"Thank you, that's kind of you." I smiled shyly.
"The way you and Tony were staring, I thought something was wrong with it."

"Stark was staring?" Thor asked, suddenly seeming irritated.

"Thor, I wanted to talk to you about something important." I spoke calmly, although I was nervous. What if something was wrong? What if he didn't like me? My mother would be furious and that was the least of my problems.
He looked at me carefully, giving me his full attention.
"I want this to work. I like you a lot. You're an amazing, kind person and you're going to make a great king, but I fear you don't want me by your side."

"Why would you think that?" He asked, almost seeming offended at the idea.

"You avoid me for days at a time and then you act as if everything is alright. Have I done something wrong? Something to offend you, perhaps?" I asked, rubbing my hands together.

"No, of course not!" Thor cupped my hands in his and I felt my face grow warm.
"My lady, I'm sorry if I offended you. I didn't mean to make you believe you had done something wrong." He shook his head.
"It's just... I was scared that if we spent every moment together you'd grow tired of me. I want nothing more than to marry you, I know it seems forward, but ever since the feast all those months ago, when we first met and you lifted my hammer, I knew you were the one. I was scared to lose you."

"So... you avoided me?" I asked, unsure.

"Looking back, it may not have been the best course of action." He mumbled, making me laugh. He smiled at me and I looked down at the ground.
"My lady, you have the most beautiful laugh." Thor spoke softly and I looked back at him, mentally noting how close we were. His eyes dropped down to my lips for a second and my breath got caught in my throat.
"Can I kiss you, Y/N?" He asked and I didn't reply, I just pushed my lips to his.