Peter Parker x Reader - Goblin p2

Part 2

Y/N's P.O.V.

"So you've never been to a high school before?" Ned asked with a grin.
"That's awesome."

"It's really not. I've been homeschooled all of my life and believe me, it's awful." I frowned, but the teenager in front of me shook his head in disagreement.

"I don't know, Ned." Peter shrugged slightly, looking at his friend on the opposite side of the table. MJ was sat next to Ned, ignoring the three of us, as usual.
It had been a whole week since I had joined Midtown and despite several of the 'popular' kids trying to convince me to join their friend groups, I found that I fitted in quite well with the trio.
"Would you really want to leave your room to go to the bathroom and find Mr. Harrington waiting to give you a science lesson?"

"Oh, no, it's worse than that." I shook my head, finding amusement in Ned's horror.
"You can't just hide away in your room. If you don't get up, your tutors come and teach you in your room. The safe space away from learning? Gone." Ned visibly shuddered and I wanted to laugh, but a horrible feeling shot through me and I looked around the canteen. Nothing appeared to be out of the ordinary and I frowned.

"You okay, Y/N?" I turned back to the table and forced a smile, nodding my head. Less than a second later, Peter tensed up next to me and the building shook quite violently as several students screeched. Everything came to a standstill as we all wondered what had happened, before one by one, people began to move outside and there was another scream. Peter and Ned shared a look as MJ and I stood up, the boys following us outside.

"Holy..." Ned swore under his breath as a huge creature stood in the middle of the road, cars crashed around it. One of the cars had been thrown into the building and there were several students helping the passengers to safety.
The creature itself seemed to be some kind of mutation, it's grey skin and sharp claws almost as intimidating as it's height.
Ned smacked Peter's arm several times, causing the boy to step back and run inside. I wanted to follow my newfound friend and figure out what he was up to, but the thing let out another screech and I knew I had other priorities.
No one seemed to notice me slip away and lean against the side of the school building, pulling the chain from around my neck.
I squeezed the green pendant twice to activate it and almost immediately the green suit materialised over my clothes, the mask tinting my vision purple slightly. There were more screams and I brought my arm up to see the control pad, summoning my glider, before going to confront the creature.

"Hey, can I help you, pal?" I called out to the monster that had grabbed ahold of a student.
Walking towards it clearly got its attention and it dropped the student, who quickly scrambled over to her friends, teachers trying to get everyone back inside.

"Hey!" A new voice called out, seconds before the creature was kicked in the face by a flying blur of blue and red.
"I don't believe we've met. I'm Spider-Man."

"I know who you are." I spoke quietly, ignoring the familiarity of his voice.
"Watch your back." He turned, barely jumping out of the way in time as I jumped up, landing on my glider with confidence.
"I've got this. Maybe you should work on crowd control." I nodded towards the students, seconds before two pumpkin bombs shot up out of my glider and I threw them at the creature, who had recovered from the spider's attack.

"Look, lady, I don't know who you are, or what that thing is..." Spider-Man used his webs to pull the creature down and away from the school as I raised myself up higher.
"But I can handle this. Why don't you work on crowd control?" I raised my eyebrow at him, before ignoring what he said and both of us attacked the creature.
It wasn't long before Iron Man himself showed up and I decided to make that the perfect time for my escape, not wanting to answer any questions, but I recklessly turned my back on the fight and I was knocked off my glider.
My body hit the concrete hard and I pulled myself up with a groan, a burning pain on my side, causing me to look down and see a tear in my suit, blood staining my skin and the suit.

"Shit!" I hissed, putting pressure on it, before Spider-Man landed down in front of me. He didn't look much better, two claw marks across his chest, but his wounds weren't as deep as mine.

"That's not good. You should get out of here." He muttered, sounding genuinely concerned and in that moment, it clicked where I had heard his voice.
"We can finish this, but-"

"Peter, move." I hissed, attempting to get him out of the way, but it was too late. The creature had thrown a card door at us and the boy in red and blue took the majority of the hit, falling on top of me as we hit the ground.
He was out cold and Iron Man landed next to us as I pulled my friend to his feet.

"Get him and yourself out of here. Go to the Avengers tower." He ordered as the roar of an engine seemed to come out of nowhere, revealing a jet in the sky.
"Go. There's going to be someone waiting for you." He urged and I silently thanked my father for super strength as I stepped up onto my glider, carrying the masked boy.
I quickly took us away from the fight, battling the dizziness that washed over me.
I knew one thing for certain, I wasn't making it to the Avengers Tower.