Steve Rogers x Reader - Oh How Quickly Things Change

Y/Ns P.O.V.

I never expected to find myself in a relationship with the world's first super soldier. Never mind engaged to him.
Steve was amazing, everything you'd imagine and more.
We had a weekly date night, which he never failed to go above and beyond with, one week he'd take me out to a fancy dinner, the next could be anything from a movie night to having a late night picnic on the tower roof, watching the stars.
The night he proposed we went out to dinner and instead of going back to the tower like we usually would, we jumped on his motorcycle and he took us both to Central Park.

"What are we doing here, Steve?" I laughed as he dragged me over towards the lake. It had been such a great night, but we never stayed out so late and if we were much longer, I knew we'd be getting texts from the team asking if we were okay.
We got onto the bridge and suddenly his hands were on my waist as he lifted me up to sit on the wall.
"Woah, okay!" I held onto his shoulders, trying to figure out his next move, seeing the slightly nervous smile on his face.
"You okay?"

"This past year and a half of being with you has been the best time of my life." He began, before taking a breath.
It wasn't uncommon for Steve to be soppy with me, so I assumed he was just in a good mood. I had no idea what he had planned.
"You are the most amazing girlfriend ever. l never thought I'd be so lucky to actually call you mine, In my eyes you are perfection. I know you have your own insecurities and you don't always believe me when I tell you, but you are to me. I'm not the most experienced when it comes to relationships, but I know what I want and it's you. It's always been you." My eyes widened in shock when he took a step back, reaching into his jacket and pulling out a small black box.
"I want to spend the rest of my life with you and I hope you feel the same way about me. So, if you will..." A small gasp escaped my lips when he got down on one knee and I covered my mouth in shock.
"Marry me?" The ring was gorgeous, perfect in fact, but in that moment, I didn't care about that. I could only think about how Steve Rogers, the love of my life, was down on one knee in front of me.
"Y/N, baby, say something, please?"

"You're being serious?" Steve nodded his head and I jumped down off the wall, before reaching forward and cupping his cheek.
"You... want to marry me?"

"Without a doubt." I smiled down at him, tears stinging my eyes.
"Is that a yes?" I could only nod and he took my hand, before slipping the ring onto my finger. I nearly knocked him over when I hugged him, my arms around his shoulders as he slipped his arms around my waist. He picked me up again, but this time he spun me around and kissed me.

"I love you so much." Everything in that moment was perfect.
If only I had known how quickly things would change. 

"It's going to be okay." Wanda whispered as soon as I stepped into mine and Steve's room, where both the witch and the assail were waiting.
"We've got your back, no matter what happens."

"He's going to hate me." I whispered, knowing I must have looked a state with mascara-stained cheeks and puffy eyes.

"No he won't and if he does then he's an idiot." Nat hugged me tight and as soon as she let go, Wanda hugged me.
"If you want-" The sound of someone attempting to open the locked door made us all freeze.

"Y/N?" A sob escaped my throat as I covered my mouth and Wanda grabbed my free hand, giving it a squeeze.
"Y/N, I know you're in there is everything okay?"

"She's fine." Nat spoke loud enough for him to hear and for a moment, there was silence.

"Romanoff open the door." It wasn't a request. The concern in his voice made my chest ache and I squeezed Wanda's hand.
Nat looked at me and I hesitated, before nodding. The three of us moved over to the door and the assassin unlocked it, Steve coming in instantly.
The concerned look on his face grew when he saw me and I swallowed thickly, before letting go of Wanda's hand.
"Y/N, what's wrong?"

"You two should go." I whispered, looking down at the carpeted floor and avoiding Steve's gaze.

"You sure?" Wanda asked quiet and I nodded.
"You know where to find us." After a moment, the two of them left and Steve closed the door.

"Y/N, tell me what's going on." The pleading tone in his voice broke my heart, but before I could say anything, he took my hands in his.
"Are you hurt? Sick?" I took a breath, before forcing myself to look up at him.

"I'm pregnant." I watched as he tensed up and I felt sick.
"I just took a test- three actually. They all came back positive."

"Wanda and Nat-"

"I had to tell someone and I didn't want to tell you unless I was sure." My voice was barely even a whisper. Steve's expression was unreadable and it only made me feel worse.
"I'm so sorry, we were so careful-"

"Why are you apologising?" My words got caught in my throat and for a few moments there was silence.
"Y/N-"

"We never spoke about this happening. We never planned for this to happen. I don't know what you want- fuck, I don't even know what I want." My eyes burned with tears threatening to spill.
"I'm so sorry, we've only been engaged a month-"

"Y/N, stop apologising. This is amazing." His eyes drifted down to my stomach and a small smile tugged at his lips.
"You're pregnant?" I nodded my head and the small smile turned into a grin.
"We're having a baby? Really?"

"You're happy?" My voice was still unsure and tears were still threatening to spill.

"Why wouldn't I be?" The concerned look returned.
"Baby... to start a family with you is all I want. Isn't that what you want?"

"Yeah, of course, but I never expected it to happen so soon." Some of the worry seemed to slip away as the smile grew on his lips again. He let go of my hands, both of his hands moving to my waist as he pressed a gentle kiss to my lips.
"I was so scared you'd hate me."

"Hate you? I could never." He kissed me again, just as gentle as last time.
"I love you so much. I never thought I could love you more, but I proved myself wrong."

"You really want this?"

"To start a family with you? I want nothing more."