Bucky Barnes x Reader - Te Iubesc

Y/N's P.O.V.

"Y/N, come on, doll. It's time to get up." Bucky whispered in my ear and I felt the cool metal of his hand on my waist.

"5 more minutes, Buck." I mumbled, rolling over. I heard him chuckle and although I wanted to go back to sleep, I knew it wasn't going to happen.

"Y/N..." My boyfriend purred, laying down behind me. I felt him move my hair out of the way, before he placed small butterfly kisses on the back of my neck.
"Come on, doll. I'm making breakfast."

"Are you now?" I asked, turning to face him.
"And what would that be?" I smiled tiredly and he laughed a little.

"I thought that would get your attention." He pecked my lips.
"How do pancakes sound?"

"They sound amazing." I grinned at him.
"But why should I get up when you can bring them to me?" I asked with a cheeky grin and he raised an eyebrow.

"We can't stay in bed all day."

"Why not?" I asked, stretching my arms above my head. As soon as I did, there was a mischievous look in Bucky's eyes and I realised my mistake. He pounced on top of me, tickling my sides mercilessly. I screeched and tied to push him off of me, but it was useless.
"Bucky, please!"

"We can't stay in bed because I said so." He grinned down at me.
"If I stop are you going to get out of bed?" I nodded my head, squirming and waiting for the torture to stop.
Bucky stopped his attack on me and kissed my head.
"Be in the kitchen in 5 minutes. Or no pancakes."

"Fine." I pouted as he left and I reluctantly pulled myself out of bed. I had stayed in Bucky's room last night. We had been dating for just over 6 months and although it took him a while to properly open up to me, he was amazing. He was kind, caring and protective.
I grabbed one of his T-shirts and a pair of his boxers, pulling them on like I had done countless times before. Before I left, I picked up my phone, before getting distracted and sitting on the edge of the bed, replying to the few texts I had.
After a few minutes, I realised the time and got up, moving towards the door, only to open it and come face-to-face with Bucky.
"Hi."

"Come on, doll." He offered me his hand and I was about to take it, when he stopped and picked me up, throwing me over his shoulder.

"Bucky!" I screeched, hitting his back.

"I said 5 minutes. You were a lot longer." I let out a huff, before I heard laughter.

"Morning, Y/N. Morning, Bucky." Steve's amused voice spoke up and if I could see him I would glare at him.

"James Buchanan Barnes, put me down." I ordered as soon as he stepped into the elevator and with a nervous laugh, he did as I requested. I glared at him slightly, crossing my arms over my chest and he smiled innocently.
"These better be some damn good pancakes." I muttered grumpily as the elevator opened.

"Yeah, of course, they're..."

"Dude! Someone left free pancakes lying around." Sam grinned at us excitedly and I burst out laughing.
"What?" I looked at Bucky, who had a murderous look in his eyes. The plate in front of Sam was empty and suddenly he looked very scared.
"Oh, no."

"Oh, yeah." I nodded and Sam stood up. Bucky stepped forward and I stepped in front of him, putting my hands on his chest.
"Why don't we go out for breakfast? My treat?" I offered, looking at him hopefully. Bucky looked behind me at Sam,then back down to me. After a moment, he nodded his head and I gave him my best smile.
"Go and get get dressed. I'll see you in the lobby in 10 minutes." I patted his chest and he leaned down, kissing me gently.

"Te iubesc." Bucky muttered under his breath and I looked at him in confusion.

"What does that mean?" I asked and he shook his head. He turned and walked away, causing me to turn and look at Sam.

"Thank you for stopping your boyfriend from killing me." He smiled innocently and I rolled my eyes.

"They were my pancakes, I'm surprised it wasn't Bucky stopping me from killing you." I muttered and Sam looked at me cautiously. With a sigh, I moved towards the elevator, wanting to go and get dressed.

~

"You know, when I said my treat, I meant I was paying. Not you." I looked at Bucky, who had a playful smirk on his face.

"What can I say? I'm a real gentleman." He shrugged and gave my hand a soft squeeze.

"You're a real pain in the ass." I corrected and for a moment, he actually looked offended. I laughed a little, looking down at our connected hands.
"I know you're old, but here in the future a girl is allowed to treat her boyfriend to breakfast, y'know?" Bucky scoffed and I grinned at him.

"You're so mean, doll." He muttered.
"Ai noroc câ te iubesc."

"Really? Again?" I looked at Bucky in confusion.
"What language is that? And what are you saying?"

"Romanian." He shrugged, before continuing to walk.

"Bucky?" I asked after a moment and he hummed.
"Te iubesc. What does that mean? That's the second time you've said that to me today."

"No it's not." He pulled a face and I raised an eyebrow, causing him to sigh.
"Can we do this back at the tower?"

"No, I'd prefer it if we did it now, actually." I stopped, looking at him. He sighed heavily.

"Y/N, really?" He asked and I nodded.
"Okay, come here." He led me into a nearby park and I couldn't help but feel nervous.
"Te iubesc." He sighed, taking both of my hands in his.
"It means... I love you."

"What?" I asked in disbelief.

"I love you, doll." There was a light blush on his cheeks.
"You're amazing. You're smart and funny and you make me feel like myself. My old self. There aren't many people that can do that."

"Aww, Bucky." I let go of his hands, wrapping my arms around him.
"I love you too."

"You do?" He asked softly, his hands on my waist.

"Of course I do, you idiot. I just didn't want to say it first and feel like I was pressuring you into saying it back." I grinned at him and he leaned his forehead against mine, smiling softly.
"I love you."

"I love you more." He kissed me lightly.

"I highly doubt that, Barnes." He rolled his eyes at me.
"Come on, let's go home."

"Whatever you say, Doll."