Loki Laufeyson x Reader - Banished

REQUESTED

Unedited because I'm lazy and it's like 3am-

Y/N's P.O.V.

I was enjoying a nice cup of tea when it happened.
It was a sunny day, I hadn't really planned to stop and get a drink, but a gut feeling told me to, so that's what I did.
I ordered my drink, before choosing a small table outside and making a hand gesture, using magic to summon a book into my hands. No one noticed- no one except a little girl, who was looking at me with wide eyes.
I held my finger up to my lips and she nodded her head slowly, a look of amazement in her eyes.
Then it all went to shit.
People screamed and ran as something large and blond was thrown into a (thankfully empty) car.
I sighed in annoyance, taking another sip of the tea as a large creature came into view as the blond managed to get to his feet. He was knocked back down almost immediately and I frowned.

"Hey!" I called out, getting no response. I stood up and took a few steps towards the creature, calling out again, but receiving the same result.
I whistled loudly, this time catching both the blond's attention and the creatures.
"Finally. What does a girl have to do to get some attention around here...?"

"Y/N?!" The blond yelled, confusion clear on his face. The confusion quickly changed into amazement.

"Hi, Thor. What's it been? 200 years?" I half-heartedly smirked as I extended my arm, a shimmer of magic washing over me and my weapon appearing in my hand.

"You are in a lot of trouble now." Thor laughed, looking at the creature, just before it charged at me. I cracked the whip off of the ground, before flicking my wrist and watching as the leather wrapped tightly around the creature's throat. I dragged it down to the ground and it snarled, but before it could do anymore damage, I touched it's shoulder.

"Sleep." It tried to resist, but like all others before it, it failed. There were footsteps coming towards us and I turned my head, seeing the group of famous superheroes running towards us.
A hand clapped down on my shoulder and I looked at Thor, who had a massive grin on his face.

"It is good to see you again, sister."

~

"You're Point Break's sister...?" Tony Stark asked, looking at me unsure.
"You don't look like him."

"No, I'm not his sister, not really." I shrugged.
"It's complicated."

"How complicated?" Natasha Romanoff asked as the elevator opened. My eyes immediately met familiar green ones.
Loki's blank expression changed to one of genuine fear as he stepped back a few steps.

"Hey honey, I'm home." I smirked, stepping towards him.

"Y/N-" I cut him off by punching him. Hard.
"I deserved that." Loki muttered after a moment, lightly touching his jaw.
I crossed my arms over my chest, smiling slightly.

"You deserve a lot more than that, my love, but I promised your brother I'd play nice." Fear danced in his gorgeous green eyes once again.

"Wait... you two..." Bruce Banner, along with the other Avengers, looked shocked.

"Married. Yeah. Like I said, complicated." I nodded.

"Married?!" Tony Stark screeched.
"I just assumed you were sleeping together-"

"Shut up, Stark." Natasha scolded.
"So, just to clear things up, who are you exactly and what did Loki do to piss you off?"

"My dearest Y/N is the Goddess of Mind. She's a ruthless warrior and the finest woman in the 9 realms." Loki replied confidently.

"Smooth talking won't get you out of this, snake." I muttered.

"She is my lawfully wedded wife and I may or may not have faked my death a few centuries ago and framed her for my murder-"

"You what?!" Clint Barton yelled.

"Thor dared me to!" Loki defended.

"I was very full!" Thor held his hands up.
"My lady-"

"I know, Thor. Not your fault. Besides, I read your mind, you only dared Loki to fake his death, not blame it on me." I glared at my husband.

"I was... also very full?" Loki tried and I rolled my eyes.

"Odin almost had my head! I'm still banished from Asgard!" I argued.
"You know what- I should kill you for real."

"No one is killing anyone, alright?" Steve Rogers spoke up.
"You faked your own murder... you can read minds... Thor what were you doing when Y/N got banished?"

"Loki was very convincing. I assumed Y/N had actually murdered him after she caught him faking his death." Thor shrugged.
"I was mourning my brother."

"You didn't think to double check?" Natasha asked.

"No." Thor shook his head.

"Y/N, I think we need to talk. Privately." Loki looked at me and I hummed in response. With the snap of my fingers, we were no longer in the room of heroes, but on the roof of the building.
"I hate it when you do that." Loki frowned slightly.

"I know, that's why I did it." I smiled innocently.

"I'm sorry." Loki looked at me.
"I'm sorry for everything. I was young and stupid and that's not a good enough excuse-"

"No, you're right, it's not." I shook my head.
"You have no idea what it was like for me. I was thrown in a cage whilst Odin decided what to do with me. I was terrified, Loki. I thought I was going to die."

"I never would have let that happen." I scoffed at that.
"I mean it, Y/N."

"You wouldn't let your father kill me, but you'd let him banish me from the only home I'd ever known? For a crime that I didn't commit?" I glared at him slightly.

"I didn't have a choice." Loki spoke quietly.
"You see, your banishment wasn't your punishment... it was mine." He looked down at his hands.
"Before Odin could decide what to do with you- I was caught. I was trying to manipulate guards into freeing you. When he realised what I had done, Odin knew that the only way to punish me effectively would be to take away the one thing- the one person that I cared about. I tried to fight him on it, but he threatened to kill you instead."

"Let me guess... you're telling me this because you've changed?" I asked sarcastically.

"No. I'm telling you this because I'm exactly the same. I'm still the trickster." I narrowed my eyes at him as he stepped towards me.
"I'm still the God of Mischief and Lies, but I've never lied to you, my love, and I never will. I miss you. I've missed you everyday since you've been gone. I want you to be by my side again."

"As an Avenger? You're joking right?" I asked and Loki shook his head.

"No, I want you to be by my side as my wife. I won't pressure you into anything-"

"How many times do I have to tell you that you talk too much?" A confused look spread across his face, moments before I kissed him. He kissed me back almost instantly, his hands landing on my sides.
"Loki, I love you, I always have loved you. But if you fake your death again, I'm going to kill you, then I'm going to personally follow you to Hel and make sure you stay there."

"I love you too, Y/N."