Steve Rogers x Reader - Number 1 Fan

REQUESTED
As soon as I read this request, I shit you not, I had the cutest idea ever and I'm not sure if this is exactly what you wanted but oh well...

Y/N's P.O.V.

Everything was going so well on my date with Steve. It was our third date and I really liked him. Our mutual friend, Sam, set us up and for once in a while, things seemed to be looking up.
Steve was a really sweet guy, he wasn't too bad to look at either, but there was one thing I was dreading telling him.
I had a kid. A son, more specifically.
I was not ashamed of Jack in the slightest, he was my whole world, but I really hadn't had much luck in the dating area recently and apparently kids were a big nope for a lot of guys. I didn't think Steve would mind, honestly, I was just being cautious.

"Thanks for dinner, Steve. Although, I wouldn't have minded splitting the bill." I smiled at him slightly, embarrassed that he had payed for dinner again.

"I don't mind." He gave me a grin and glanced across the street to the park. He had promised me that we would go for a walk after dinner and honestly the whole thing was a lot more romantic than I was used to, but I didn't mind at all.
"Shall we?" He held out his arm and I was about to take it, before my phone began to ring.

"Sorry." I grabbed my phone, about to put it on silent, when I saw who was calling.
"God- do you mind if I get this?" I asked, my face burning with embarrassment.
"It could be important, I-"

"No, go ahead." Steve smiled and I answered the phone, holding it to my ear.

"Carla, is everything okay?" I asked, giving Steve an apologetic smile. Carla was Jack's babysitter. She never called unless it was an emergency, so I couldn't help but be worried.

"Y/N, I'm so sorry to interrupt your date, but there's been an accident." My eyes widened slightly with concern and Steve looked at me carefully.
"My dad- he was in a crash. I have to go to the hospital. Jack is asleep. I feel terrible to have to call you-"

"Hey, no, don't apologise. It's alright, I'll come back, now. Is it serious?" I asked and Steve's careful look changed into a worried one.

"I don't know." She whispered.

"I'll be back soon, okay?" I ended the call and let out a shaky sigh, Steve touching my arm slightly.

"Hey, is everything okay? What's happening?" He asked softly and I shook my head.

"I'm sorry, I have to go. Dinner was amazing, but my babysitter has some family issues..."

"Do you need a ride home?" He asked and I was about to decline, but he wouldn't let me.
"I saw you get a cab here and it'll be quicker if I take you. You can say no of course, but I thought..."

"Really?" I asked, and he gave me a small smile, nodding his head. He led me towards a motorcycle, picking up the attached helmet and offering it to me. He helped me get it on and secure, before we both got on the bike.
It wasn't my first time on a motorcycle, but it had been a while and I was thankful Steve remembered where I lived (he had walked me home on our first date) because that would have been an awkward ride.
As soon as Steve stopped the bike outside of my house, I hopped off and took off the helmet, the door swinging open, before I could even thank the super soldier for the ride.

"Y/N, I am so sorry once again. I really didn't want to call-"

"Carla, don't apologise. Go see your dad and text me to let me know if he's alright." I gave the girl a small hug and she moved towards her car, thanking me as she went.
"So..." I looked back at Steve, who had a small smile on his face.
"What?"

"You. You're just..." He shook his head.

"Mommy?" I spun around, seeing my 5 year old in the doorway, dressed in his favourite Captain America pyjamas.

"I'm coming now, baby." I gave him a small smile, before looking back at Steve.
"Do you want to come in for coffee?" I asked hopefully, honestly expecting him to say no.

"Yeah." He nodded and moved off the motorcycle, my heart fluttering slightly.
"Who's this, then?" He asked with a smile as we went inside and I picked up my son, balancing him on my hip.

"Jack, this is Steve. Steve this is my son, Jack." Jack looked at Steve with wide E/C eyes, then back at me.

"Mommy, he looks like Captain America." Jack whispered loudly, making Steve chuckle.

"I like your pyjamas, Jack." Steve smiled and the boy tried to hide his face in my neck.

"Sorry, he's a little shy." I muttered and Steve shook his head.

"So, you like Captain America?" Steve tried and that caught Jack's attention. The boy nodded, looking at Steve quizzically.
"I can tell you a few Captain America stories, if you'd like?" Jack nodded excitedly and that earned another laugh from Steve.
"If your mom is okay with it, of course?"

"Yeah, I don't mind, bit it is past someone's bedtime. So maybe one bedtime story?" I suggested and Steve nodded. I placed Jack down on the ground, nodding towards the stairs.
"Why don't you go and get into bed? We'll be up in a minute."

"How old is he?" Steve asked, as soon as he was upstairs.

"5, he turns 6 next month." I smiled a little.
"You don't mind?"

"Why would I?" Steve asked and I shrugged.

"His dad died shortly after he was born. He was in the army and he promised it was going to be his last tour..." Steve gave me an understanding look.
"You'd be surprised how put off people get when they find out you have a kid."

"It takes a little more than that to scare me off." Steve promised.
"Come on, there's a kid waiting for a bedtime story."

"First room on your left, I'm going to grab those coffees." Steve nodded and I moved towards the kitchen. Our second date was in a coffee shop and we had a whole conversation about how we like our drinks and somehow, I remembered exactly how Steve liked his coffee. Taking the two cups upstairs, I found Jack's bedroom door open and Steve sat on the chair by his bed. I leaned against the doorframe, not wanting to interrupt the calm moment. Steve was peaking softly, retelling a story, and Jack was falling asleep with a small smile on his face.
"You're kind of his hero." I muttered as Steve stood up after a few minutes, Jack well and truly asleep.

"I am?" He asked and I handed him his coffee, leading him back downstairs.
"He's a sweet kid."

"He is." I nodded, sipping my drink. Steve did the same, humming slightly. Placing my cup down on the coffee table, I moved across the room towards my record player. It was my most prized possession and I had spent a lot of time collecting old and rare vinyls. Choosing a record, I let the needle drop and soft music filled the room, just as a hand handed on my back.

"May I have this dance?" Steve asked as I turned to face him and I nodded, his large hand taking my much smaller one. He pulled me close as we swayed with the music and I couldn't hide the smile on my face.

"Thank you for tonight, Steve. I know I cut our date short-"

"Are you kidding?" He interrupted.
"Tonight is the best date I've ever been on. Y/N, I really like you and I'd like you to be my girlfriend, if you feel the same?" Ŷ