Loki Laufeyson x Reader - Blue

Another sibling one, I had a really cute idea and kinda just decided to roll with it.
Y/N is the middle child, Thor is her older brother and Loki is her younger brother, although Y/N has lived on Midgard for a few centuries, so...

Y/N's P.O.V.

"Well, well, well..." The familiar voice almost made me drop my cup.
"If it isn't the Goddess of Elements."

"Loki?" I whispered in disbelief, placing my cup down with shaky hands. I looked at him with wide eyes, the Midgardian suit he was wearing surprising me even more.
"By Odin's beard... is that really you?"

"Of course it is." He rolled his eyes.
"Who else would it be?" I practically jumped out of my seat, wrapping my arms tightly around my baby brother.
He hesitated, before hugging me back slightly.

"You died. The ravens came to me with a message from Father-"

"He's not my father." Loki interrupted with a scowl.
I sat down and Loki did the same.
"I assume you've been told what I did?"

"I know you tried to take over Asgard." I replied after a moment, keeping my voice low so that other people in the coffee shop wouldn't hear us.
"I know you banished Thor and destroyed the Bifrost but I don't know why. Loki, whatever it is, whatever Father did to hurt you-"

"I told you, Y/N. He is not my father." Loki practically growled.
"He never has been."

"What? Of course he has. What are you talking about, Loki?" I looked at him with concern.

"Laufey." He muttered.
"Laufey is my biological father. Not that it matters, he's dead. I killed him." My jaw dropped.
"What? Are you going to pretend you didn't know? You didn't know I was one of the monsters we were raised to hate?"

"Loki, I had no idea. You have to believe me." I reached out to take his hand, but he quickly pulled away.
"I'm not lying to you, brother. When have I ever lied to you?"

"Never." He muttered.

"I didn't know. I didn't know about Laufey, about your heritage and I'm so sorry I wasn't there for you." His eyes softened slightly and then I realised. Since when we're his eyes blue?

"I know." Loki replied.

"I just don't understand one thing. Why try to take over Asgard?" I looked at him sadly.

"Thor is an idiot, Y/N. Don't you think the realm eternal should have a competent ruler?" Loki sighed and I looked at him in confusion.
"With Thor in the picture... you and I will never be on the throne. We will never have what he has."

"Since when have you cared about that?" I scoffed.
"Loki, for centuries, we've known that Thor would get the throne. Then, after Thor, his children. Neither of us ever cared, because neither of us wanted it."

"You don't understand. Of course you don't." Loki scoffed.
"It is our birthright. We deserve it. We've earned it." I frowned at that, knowing that I'd be lying if I said that I had never believed in what he was saying.

"So, what, Loki? I left Asgard for a reason. Midgard is my home, I like it here. I can't just go back- and you're supposed to be dead! You fell from the bridge..."

"And I was saved." Loki smiled slightly, but it was clearly forced.
"Neither of us are going back to Asgard, Y/N, not yet. But it is our birthright to rule. You know this realm better than anyone, you've stayed here for over 200 years, help me rule it?"

"What?" I asked in disbelief.
"We can't just decide to rule Midgard."

"Why not?"

"Because that's not how it works!" I laughed a little.
"The mortals... they're morons, but most of them are happy morons. They don't need to be ruled."

"Maybe not, but they want to be. They crave it." Loki's eyes seemed to shine a little brighter and I looked at him carefully.
"Y/N, I want you by my side. I need you. I was given a task by those who saved me, in return for gathering certain items, they will give me the power to rule the mortals."

"Loki, please." I looked at him carefully.
"You don't have to do this. You can come and stay with me for a while-"

"I can't do that, Y/N. They won't let me." There was a flicker of green in his eyes, before the blue glowed even brighter. I stood up, narrowing my eyes at him suspiciously.

"What have they done to you, Loki?" I asked, noticing the golden sceptre in his hand.
"This isn't you."

"They've given me knowledge and power beyond anything I've ever had. I can give it to you too, Y/N. Just agree to come with me. I'd hate to have to make you." His voice was almost completely unrecognisable.

"No. This isn't you. My brother would never-"

"I am not your brother!" Loki screamed, the coffee shop falling into a horrific silence.
"I am Loki Laufeyson, a frost giant of Jotunheim, rightful ruler of this planet. I'm a monster, not your brother."

"You are not a monster, Loki." I whispered, glaring at him.
"But you are my brother and you always will be." Before I could react, he moved the sceptre, the tip of it touching my chest, a sharp pain running through my head.

"I'm sorry, Y/N. I really am." I heard him mutter, but I couldn't move.
"But if you're not with me, you're against me. And at least now I can protect you."