Tony Stark x Reader - Enchanted

REQUESTED!
I've been inactive as Hell recently, but I loved writing this
Based off the song Enchanted by Taylor Swift :)

Y/Ns P.O.V.

Being the daughter of a wealthy billionaire wasn't all sunshine and rainbows.
I ran my parents multi-billion dollar energy company whilst they traveled around the world on one big, constant holiday.
I very rarely got a night off, my job was 24/7, but when I did get a night off I usually spent it curled up under a blanket with a book, before falling asleep by 9pm.
However, I had been dreading this particular night off because I knew I'd still be working, just not in my usual fashion.

"So your company... you run it all by yourself? That sounds exhausting." The woman in front of me spoke with a forced smile, before lifting her glass to her lips.
I had previously been talking to her husband about investing into my parents company, before he'd gotten distracted by a lovely young waitress. That left me and his wife in a rather awkward situation.

"L/N Energy is owned by my parents, but yes, I run the company." I let out a small cough, looking at the poor woman's husband, who had his hands all over a waitress who looked to be at least half his age. Following my gaze, the wife caught sight of her husband and stormed off in his direction.
My eyes roamed the room, looking for another moron with too much money who I could convince to invest in my family business, but only one person caught my eye.
And he was out of the question.
It was his party after all. His party that I definitely wasn't invited to. His party that I traveled all the way from Washington to attend.
Tony Stark's eyes had been on me since I walked in, but I didn't let that stop me from working. However in the two hours since I had arrived, I'd noticed he'd been subtly moving closer to me and in that moment he was just a few feet away, leaning against the bar.
I had tried to avoid him all night, but I knew that wasn't happening when he held one glass in his hand and raised another in my direction, a silent invitation.

"Miss L/N. I'm surprised to see you here." He spoke with a small smirk as I joined him.
I had never actually met Stark, but I had heard all about him and I was fascinated to say the least. A billionaire businessman and a superhero all in one.

"Yeah, big parties thrown by rich snobs aren't really my thing." I smiled innocently as I took the glass from his hand. I lifted it up and took a tip, the sweet burn of whiskey touching my throat.

"Not what I meant." His smirk didn't falter as I shifted to sit on the bar stool, crossing one leg over the other, my cocktail dress moving up my thighs ever so slightly. It was not my intention to get Stark's attention, but the way his eyes roamed sparked an excitement inside of me.
He cleared his throat.
"I meant there is a pretty exclusive guest list and you last I checked... you're not on it."

"I very rarely get a night off Mr. Stark, running a company isn't easy. If I want to go somewhere in my free time, a guest list is not going to stop me." I continued to smile sweetly and his smirk grew.

"You call attempting to snatch my investors a night off, sweetheart?" He finished his drink in one, placing the glass back down on the bar, for it to immediately get topped up.
There was something charming about being around him. Like I was caught in a trap, drawn in by that damned smirk.
The playful conversation between us almost felt like passing notes in secrecy as the party moved on around us.
My phone buzzed in my bag and I reached into it, seeing a reminder that I had a meeting in the morning and I barely held back my sigh of annoyance.
"Problem, Miss L/N?"

"I have to go." I smiled at him as I placed my phone back into my bag, before finishing my drink and placing it down on the bar. Unlike Stark's mine was not topped up.
"Not all of us can party all night without consequences. I have a 9am meeting and I still have to fly back to Washington." Standing up, I adjusted my dress, before holding my hand out towards Stark.
He took my hand gently, turning it over and bringing it up to his lips. He pressed a gentle kiss to my knuckles, the smirk never once leaving his lips.

"I do hope you choose to ignore my guest list again sometime soon. Although, maybe next time you can leave business at the door." My hand slipped out of his and I ignored the warmth crawling up my neck.

"It was... enchanting to meet you." I smiled and for a moment, his smirk became a genuine smile.
"Thanks again for not inviting me. I'm sure I'll be back."

~

It was 2am.
I got home from Stark's party hours ago, but I just couldn't sleep.
It wasn't uncommon for me to suffer with stress-induced insomnia, but this was different.
Every time I closed my eyes all I saw was big brown eyes and that goddamned smirk.
I spoke with Tony Stark for less than 5 minutes and I was completely wonderstruck.
I hated going to parties, but when I was with him, I actually kinda had fun. And the way he looked at me...
I shook my head, trying to get that thought out of my head before it went somewhere dangerous.

"He probably has a girlfriend." I muttered to myself, shaking my head.

"What was that, miss?" GHOST my AI asked, making me jump slightly.

"Nothing." I shook my head.
"Oh... fuck." I groaned, kicking the bedsheet off of me, before moving over to the door. I wasn't getting any sleep, anyway.
I shuffled across my too-big-for-one-person flat before making it to the kitchen and pouring myself a cup of coffee.
I was gonna head back to bed when a knock on the door made me frown.
"GHOST? Who's at the door."

"Tony Stark. Shall I contact security?" For a moment I entirely froze, trying to figure out why Tony Stark was at my front door.
Then I began to panic.
"Miss L/N?"

"Yes? No- don't call security, it's fine." I put my mug down, going over to the door and unlocking it, coming face to face with the billionaire I had met just a few hours ago.
"Stark? What the Hell are you doing here?"

"Nice pyjamas." He smirked, but I could tell it was fake. I looked at him and shook my head, part of me wanting to close the door in his face and hide under my bedsheets, but a bigger part of me was curious.

"I'm not a person who likes repeating herself." I sighed.
"Stark-"

"You said it was enchanting to meet me." He spoke quietly, the smirk gone. I looked at him in confusion.
"But I had my eye on you all night and you're the enchanting one."

"Is this some kind of weird reverse booty call? You just show up and expect-"

"No. No!" He held his hands up in defence and I sighed.
"I didn't get your number and I wanted to ask if you'll come to dinner with me?"

"So you show up to my place at quarter past 2 in the morning?" He just smiled innocently, but I could see the hesitation in his eyes.
"I think we both know that if you wanted my number you could've got it. Why are you really here?"
If I thought he looked nervous a moment ago, that was nothing compared to the expression on his face right then.

"I wanted to see you again." He cleared his throat, straightening up slightly and feigning confidence.
"Ask you about dinner in person." I just raised my eyebrow at him, suddenly very amused by the whole situation, but God knows I wasn't gonna tell him that.
"So... dinner?"

"Like I said, I rarely get a night off." I shrugged and watched his face fall.
"But I just brewed a pot of coffee if you want a cup?"

"Coffee at this time? I thought you had a 9am?" His confidence seemed to return slightly and so did his smirk.

"Nothing that can't be postponed. And you came all this way." I shrugged again.
"Coffee seems like a good enough idea to me. You don't have to say yes-" His lips were on mine before I could finish.
It's safe to say my 9am meeting along with the rest of my meetings the next day got cancelled.