Loki Laufeyson x Reader - Smart Girl

This one is kind of a teaser for a new Loki fic I'm writing, so...

Y/N's P.O.V.

"Aren't you tired of it?" The familiar voice of the God asked as I rewired the control panel.

"Tired of what? Hearing you speak after I've told you to shut it several times? Yeah." I sighed, looking up at Loki, who was glaring at me from his glass prison.

"I've seen the way everyone treats you around here, Y/N. You let others control your talent, but you could be so much more than what you already are if you broke free of their hold." Loki explained for what was probably the eighth time in the past few days.
It was no secret that I was the Oddball working for SHIELD. I didn't get along with anyone, I could start an argument just by walking into the room and I always won. The only reason Fury kept me around was my technical skills.
"If you let me out-"

"You know, it really would be unfortunate if my hand slipped and I accidentally dropped you and your cell 20,000 feet down to the ground." I sighed, shutting him up.
"I'm very sleep deprived. It's almost too easy."

"You wouldn't." Loki frowned slightly.

"You wanna bet?" He stormed over to the other side of his cell, sitting down and crossing his arms over his chest.

~

"Back again so soon?" Loki asked in an amused tone as I entered the room.

"I'm looking for something." I muttered, glancing around the room.
The ground shook violently and Loki smirked a little, sitting down.
"What have you done?" I asked, looking at the God suspiciously.

"Nothing, yet." Loki replied.
"You have two options, Y/N. You leave now, risk getting gunned down by one of my men, or ripped apart by Banner's monster. Or, you stay here, let me out, and we both walk away from this unharmed." I opened my mouth to say he was bluffing, but a loud roar made me stop and rethink my words. Loki's sinister smirk sent a shiver down my spine.

"You knew I'd come back..." I muttered.

"I had my suspicions." Loki nodded.
"So what do you say, my lady? Leave and risk your own life, or stay with me and show your little friends what you're really capable of?"

"I'd have to be insane to work with you." I shook my head.
"Why do you think I'd betray the people that gave me a job when I had nothing?"

"Because... I think you're tired of being good. Tired of creating only what others want you to create and doing as you're told. You want to be free." Loki stood up, looking at me. I hadn't even realised I had moved towards the glass.
"Let me out of here and I will give you freedom and power and anything else you want."

"How do I know you won't kill me as soon as you're out?" I challenged and he laughed.

"You don't." He replied.
"But I give you my word, no one will lay a hand on you, not even myself. You will be protected. Trust me."

"I've officially lost my mind." I muttered, going over to the control panel.
"And for the record, Loki. I don't trust you. I'd rather take my chances against the Hulk than trust you." The God looked at me with a grin.
"But... you're right." I opened the cell door and Loki stepped forward.

"Smart girl." He purred, coming towards me. I hadn't even realised how tall he was until he was stood less than a foot away from me.
Heavy footsteps came towards us and a group of SHIELD agents burst in, guns raised. I froze and Loki held his hand up, the men immediately lowering their weapons.
"Don't worry, my dear. I told you I'd protect you, did I not?" I nodded my head, my heart racing. I couldn't tell if it was from the pure excitement of everything that was happening, or the genuine fear of the people than probably had more power than the government finding out I turned on them, but adrenaline rushed through me, making me dizzy. Loki seemed to notice how unsteady I was, because his arm wrapped firmly around my waist, practically holding me up.
"My idiot brother should arrive any moment now. Let's get ready."

"What about the girl?" One of the agents asked.
"She is a threat."

"She is an ally." Loki corrected, a shimmer of green in his hand, moments before my phone appeared in his palm.
"I do believe you were looking for this."

"You're a dick." I muttered, my mind not quite registering what happened.
Loki made me come back here. He knew I'd come back for my phone. But why? I didn't need to let him out- the SHIELD agents under his control were already on their way.
Soon enough, just as Loki suspected, Thor burst into the room with a shout.

"No!" Thor yelled, diving at Loki's allusion and inevitably getting himself locked in the glass prison.

"Are you ever not going to fall for that?" Loki asked, looking at his brother. He had let go of me, his arms behind his back, but I stayed close, not really knowing what else to do.

"Lady L/N-"

"She is none of your concern, brother." Loki spoke coldly.

"What have you done to her?" Thor glared at his brother.

"I've done nothing but tell her the truth, and for that, she repaid me with her loyalty." Loki smirked.
"She's such a smart little human. Yet, so underestimated. Hidden in a shadow. Sound familiar?"

"Projecting your problems onto a mortal is not going to-"

"Enough." Loki interrupted his brother and Thor lifted his hammer, hitting it off of the glass. I flinched and so did Loki as the cage lowered ever so slightly. Loki began to laugh, before stepping back, moving towards the controls.
"The humans think us immortal. Shall we test that?" There was a grunt and a thud as the compromised agents dropped.

"Move away, please." Coulson spoke calmly, a weapon unlike any other in his hands. Both Asgardians froze and my breath got caught in my throat.
"You like this? We started working on the prototype after you sent the Destroyer. Even I don't know what it does. Wanna find out?"

"Coulson, put it down." I warned, raising my hands. Loki appeared behind the agent rather suddenly, piercing his chest with the sceptre. I gasped, covering my mouth with my hands as I stepped back, looking at the Loki next to me. He smirked as he faded to nothing and Thor hit the glass, crying out. Coulson's body dropped and Loki stepped towards me, but I couldn't move. My eyes were on Coulson as he took shaky breaths. Phil Coulson was maybe the one person who didn't treat me like shit. He was always willing to remind me of my potential and he was the one person stopping me from betraying SHIELD.

"I promised to protect you, didn't I?" Loki asked, lifting my chin up and making me look at him.
"He had that thing pointed right at you, my dear. You're mine now, I look after what is mine." I could only nod out of fear and he let go of me, moving over to the control panel. My entire body felt like jelly and Loki opened up the hatch. He looked from me, to his brother, before dropping the cage out of the sky.

"You're going to lose." Coulson muttered.

"Am I?" Loki asked, clearly amused by the dying man.

"It's in your nature."

"Your heroes are scattered, your floating fortress falls from the sky, where is my disadvantage?" Loki asked.

"You lack conviction." Coulson replied, before looking at me. Loki looked at me too, before his eyes widened and the God moved in front of me, both of us getting thrown back as Coulson fired the weapon.