Xiaojun - Reasons Are For People You're Meant To Lose

Genre: Angst
Description: Yuta and Xiaojun's relationship is falling apart

Xiaojun and Yuta use to be a happy couple, everyone envied their relationship, they were inseparable.

But as the years went by the two for more distant and argued a lot more.

They fought over everything, they didn't have a single conversation without arguing.

They both knew their relationship was getting toxic and unhealthy but yet they didn't break up, neither of them were seeing other people either.

It wasn't often their friends saw the two together, they had the same friend group which was sort of hard sometimes, but they often split up so the two didn't have to be together.

No one really knew when their relationship went down hill, it wasn't something that happened over night, it was something that slowly became more and more evident as the years went by.

When the two were together because of their friend group, they didn't even look at each other, talk to each other, not wanting to argue in front of their friends and make them uncomfortable.

Their friend group weren't stupid, they saw how down and distant the two had got over the years, the couple use to be so loud and very social, but not anymore.

Mark, who was Yuta's best friend nudged him, gaining the elders attention, the male looked at the younger, "Hm?" He asked.

Mark sighed, "Are you two ever going to sort this out? You can't keep doing this Yu, it's making both of
you miserable." The male didn't lie, it took a huge toll on the both of them, but they didn't know what happened themselves.

Maybe they just fell out of love.

Neither of the two wanted to admit it though, they had been together since their early high school days and now they were working, pursuing their own careers.

Yuta looked down and shrugged, "I don't know.." The male mumbled, he didn't have much to say, what could he say?

The last thing he wanted to admit was that they fell out of love.

The younger sighed, extremely concerned for his two friends, but what ever happened he would take Yuta's side, after all, he was his best friend and knew Yuta longer than he had known Xiaojun.

Eventually everyone went home leaving the two in their shared apartment.

The Japanese looked at his boyfriend, if they did, when did they fall out of love? How did they fall out of love?

Yuta couldn't recall anything that had happened for them to end up like this.

"Xiaojun-" the Japanese called out but was cut off, "I don't want to hear it, Yuta." Xiaojun responded.

Yuta sighed, "Please? Let's just talk.." he begged, his boyfriend turned around and saw the desperate eyes of the elder.

"Yuta, let's just break up." Xiaojun said, catching Yuta completely off guard, "Wait.. let's talk, let's reason this out." Yuta said in a panicked tone.

There's been so many times where Xiaojun had gone to leave, Yuta making reasons for the younger to stay.

Xiaojun rolled his eyes, waiting to hear the mans reason.

But he was all out.

All out of reasons for Xiaojun stay.

He couldn't think of anything for the male stay.

He has no reason to stay.

Xiaojun sighed at the other silence, "Yuta, we've been like this for years now, there's nothing left." the Chinese said.

Yuta could feel his heart breaking at each word coming out of the youngers mouth.

He knew this day was going to come eventually, but he was no where near ready for it.

"Just admit it Yuta, we don't love each other anymore, we fell out of it a long time ago."

There it was, the words Yuta never wanted to hear.

In all fairness, Xiaojun was never the one who wanted to say it either, but one of them had to.

The Japanese bit his lip to keep any noises of sobs coming out his mouth and just nodded.

Xiaojun walked to their shared bedroom and came out with a suitcase, Yuta widened his eyes at the luggage, but he knew it was too late, he couldn't stop him.

The Chinese male smiled sadly at the taller, "You can keep the apartment, I'll be staying with Kun until I find my own place." He told him.

Yuta felt his heart completely break, this was it, there was no going back now.

Xiaojun walked over to the front door, placing his keys on the table beside it, Yuta watching his every move.

The Chinese male turned around for the final time, "Thank you for all these years, Yuta, I hope you find someone else who will make you happy." Xiaojun said and finally bidding a goodbye and left the Japanese male forever.

As soon as the door shut, Yuta fell to his knees and broke down crying, he quickly went to his phone to call his best friend.

As soon as Mark picked up he heard the sobs emitting from Yuta, "He did it.. he finally broke up with me.." the male sobbed out.

Mark felt his own heart drop at the males words, "I'm coming Yuta, just stay there." Mark informed and hung the phone rushing to the others house.

Yuta felt sick, his whole world came crashing down, despite the years of arguing and fighting he still wanted Xiaojun around, but now that wasn't going to happen anymore.

Yuta wouldn't know how to cope.

Word Count: 911

this is quite a short one, my apologise, i'm currently working on an ot23 one i'm not sure how it's going to turn out yet-

first chapter is now up!