Jaehyun - Insecurity

Genre: Angst, Fluff
Description: Yuta can't help but feel insecure, luckily Jaehyun is there to reassure him.

Yuta was pacing back and forth in the dressing room, waiting for all the members to finish so they can go and perform.

He could hear Taeil practicing his parts from the distance and he could see Mark and Haechan going over the choreography.

He saw Johnny and Taeyong getting their hair done and had no makeup on yet and he saw Jungwoo, Doyoung and Jaehyun getting their makeup done.

A stylist called Yuta over to change his clothes, but he couldn't help but think why he wasn't as talented as the members, why he didn't look as pretty and handsome as them without makeup on.

As he was changing he started questioning his own ability, as the thoughts clouded his mind, his want to perform got smaller and smaller, he didn't want to do it anymore.

The stylist furrowed her eyebrows as she saw that the singer was just staring into space after he got changed, "Yuta?"she called out, waving her hand in front of his face.

He snapped out of his thoughts and looked down at her, "Huh? Yeah? Sorry." Yuta mumbled, playing with the sleeves on his jacket.

"Are you okay?" She asked, concerned for the male, Yuta quickly nodded and looked away from her, staring at the members again.

She followed his eyes and smiled softly.

It wasn't the first time she has seen this happen before, she's worked with many artists and it was actually a common occurrence.

She nudged his side making him look at her again, "You know, you're just as good as all the members, sure, some of them may be stronger in some aspects, but that doesn't mean your worse than them," she started and looked at him.

"Theres going to be things you're stronger and better at then them, hm? Don't think too much about it, okay?" She smiled.

Yuta nodded at her words, he didn't believe her of course, she had to say that, she couldn't just insult him if she was going to work for them.

The makeup artists called Yuta over to go and get his makeup done, as the Japanese male walked away, the stylist walked over to Jaehyun and crouched down to his level on the chair and whispered in his ear.

"Keep an eye on Yuta." after that being said, she walked away, Jaehyun furrowed his brows in confusion, as he was about to ask why, she had already walked away.

Jaehyun's eyes adverted to the male in the chair getting his makeup done and he noticed he was looking everyone but the huge mirror in front of him.

He frowned and stood up, walking over to him, he sort of had an idea what was going, Yuta often got insecure at times and he figured it was one of them moments.

He pulled the chair out and sat by the Japanese male and faced him, "Hyung?" Jaehyun called out, Yuta looked over to him as much as he could so he wouldn't mess it up.

"Hmm?" He hummed, making sure he couldn't see himself.

The makeup artists just turned the chair so Yuta could face the younger properly and they could work from that angle.

"You look really pretty you know that?" Jaehyun chuckled and held his hands.

Yuta turned red at the sudden compliment and looked down at his hands, Jaehyun lifted his face up by putting his finger under the males chin, he looked over the elders face and smiled, "So pretty." he whispered, before standing up and walking away.